About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have three amazing products to make this real:
- Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy.
- Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, trade and sell their NFT/SFT game items.
- Niftyswap, the decentralized marketplace—powered by Sequence—that makes trading semi-fungible tokens (SFTs) instant and secure. Sequence is poised to drive web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community. And, Niftyswap is poised to become the premiere marketplace for trading SFTs, web3 game and metaverse items. While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Coinbase, Initialized, BITKRAFT, DCG, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; a former top McKinsey strategy consultant; gaming industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all. Learn more at https://horizon.io/
We are looking for an awesome Social Media Coordinator to help expand our reach, drive audience engagement and amplify our global impact for Horizon’s flagship game, Skyweaver, and from time to time, Horizon’s other brand, Sequence.
Reporting to the Social Media Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in growing Skyweaver’s presence on existing platforms. The main areas of focus for this role include but are not limited to growing channels on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube. You will be responsible for supporting every aspect of our social media strategy, content development, and online presence on app stores and websites. As a Social Media Coordinator, you will support a multi-functional team: the community team, customer support, product team, CRM, and other stakeholders.
Working with the marketing communication team, we are looking for a Social Media Coordinator with copywriting and content creation experience who will be responsible for Skyweaver's social networks. The Social Media Coordinator helps to execute and acts as the voice of Skyweaver, and from time to time Horizon and Sequence, to our active community of gamers. The position’s main objective is to promote Skyweaver on social platforms and engage with users on a day-to-day basis while seeking to establish long-lasting brand loyalty, grow our fanbase, and drive value back into Horizon’s products.
If you’re good with words, love having your hand in multiple projects, thrive under pressure, and want to put your technical and creative skills to use, this job is for you.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to keep up in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment. You should be well-organized, have project coordination experience and be able to make decisions autonomously.
The ideal candidate for this role will have some experience creating and managing social media presence for businesses, and ideally, games. You should also have some graphic design experience, as well as video editing skills as there will be some basic design and short video editing involved.
- Create social media calendars.
- Organize, schedule, and publish social media content based on social media content calendar
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Coordinate social media calendar and schedule content across social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and others.
- Assist in the creation of great, engaging content for social channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube and others.
- Write and edit social post copy, optimizing for best practices across various social platforms while maintaining brand voice.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Maintain a unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Join conversations & topics outside of the channels we own to build awareness
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Researching audience preferences and discovering current trends
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new products
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout
- Help to organize, run and coordinate social media promotions, contests, sweepstakes, competitions, and special events.
- Gather and maintain an image bank for social media communication use
- Source photo and video content and help curate social content based on trends
- Collect weekly social metrics and provide strategic analysis with quantitative and qualitative insights; prepared into monthly progress reports for the team.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media and mobile gaming trends to continually drive innovative community strategies for growth
- Utilize social media to engage with a community of fans/followers online
- Identify trends and opportunities on social media platforms to increase brand awareness, reach new prospective consumers and integrate into marketing plan
Requirements and Skills
- Perfectly fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Proven work experience as a Social media coordinator
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms, particularly Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok
- Strong ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video) and develop content calendars on a weekly basis
- Experience creating written marketing content/material
- Experience creating digital content/images
- Basic Graphic design skills, knowledge in Photoshop, Canva & Illustrator, etc
- Video and Film editing skills for social media (Adobe Premiere)
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 to 3 years experience in a similar position
- Comfortable creating reports with Google Analytics
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to find new opportunities for business growth
- An analytical mind with a strong sense of creativity
- Experience using social media management tools (Falcon, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Sprinklr)
- Experience with CDPs such as Mailchimp, Blueshift, a plus
- DEC or university degree in marketing, communications, relevant field, or equivalent is preferred
- Proven track record of growing online communities for a brand or product.
- Expertise in leveraging the latest social media trends and platforms.
- Proficiency in Google Suite programs and creator apps related to social media
- Interest in on-camera work (YouTube videos, live streams & social content) is a plus.