Intercom is an AI powered, automation-first customer service platform that lets businesses deliver fast support, keeping customers satisfied, costs low, and service teams happy.
It is the only complete customer service solution that provides a seamless customer experience across automation and human support. Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Microsoft, use Intercom to send over 600 million messages per month and enable interactions with over 800 million monthly active end users. The company was founded in 2011 and is backed by leading venture capitalist including Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins and Social Capital.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Intercom Creative Studio is looking to build a world-class creative team. As a key component of this highly motivated & inspired team, we are looking to hire a creative visionary to lead the newly formed Creative Marketing team. This team will be responsible for breathing life into the newly delivered Intercom brand system, maintaining and expanding the Brand book, creating brand libraries for various teams to utilize, lead the creation of net new and repurposed assets in the new brand, art directing illustrators, and managing a team of creatives.
The ideal creative candidate will have a wealth of boundary-pushing visual design experience, an obsession with sweating the finer details of a design/brand system, ability to art-direct towards brand accurate execution, a driving ambition for creative quality, and will lead their team by example through unparalleled work ethic, optimistic outlook, and inspiring creative work.
As a Design Manager on the Creative Marketing team, you’ll work alongside other creative managers and will report directly to the head of Creative Studio. You will steer creative execution through your clear and inspired art direction, helping to shape your designers’ work to be unparalleled in creativity and quality. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with writers, Producers, Illustrators, and Animators to produce career defining work that will shape the future of the Intercom brand.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join the Intercom Brand Studio as we are reshaping what it looks like to build an in-house creative agency within a recognized and reputable Product-lead SAAS business.
If you’re a highly motivated and inspired Design manager and you’re looking to help foster creative talent and shape a special, deep-rooted creative culture, this is your opportunity. We’re here to do the best work of our careers and to help shape the future of a thriving and expanding business.
Our small but growing in-house team is home to a diverse group of creatives with a broad range of experience, backgrounds and talents. We’re constantly looking for ways to make our day-to-day work feel fresh and meaningful, and we deeply value the health and wellness of each member of the team.
What will I be doing?🚀
- Managing a team of creatives
- Giving on-brand art direction and creative feedback
- Designing boundary-pushing, creatively inspired work
- Delivering work at the forefront of design trends
- Storyboarding motion-based assets and art directing animators
- Working within and expand upon a brand system
- Helping to implement a new brand identity throughout various touch points
- Owning projects from concept to final execution
- Collaborating with stakeholders in a highly iterative and agile environment
- Balancing design excellence with a need for speed and a focus on success metrics
- Partnering with writers, producers, marketers, product experts, company leaders and external agencies to drive projects forward
- Art directing designers, freelancers, agencies, and motion designers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8-10 years of design experience with a portfolio showcasing a breadth of excellent brand-related work
- 2-3 years Management experience
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CC
- Experience in motion design and storyboarding (in execution and/or art direction)
- Strong design sensibilities, from high-level strategic direction to production details
- Ability to communicate with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect
- A general understanding of business goals and strategy
- A general understanding of web performance metrics
- Ability to present ideas effectively to stakeholders
- Ability to navigate ambiguous projects
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan & match
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
The base salary range for candidates within the San Francisco Bay Area is $148,800 - $201,300. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Intercom has a hybrid working policy. We believe that working in person helps us stay connected, collaborate easier and create a great culture while still providing flexibility to work from home. We expect employees to be in the office at least two days per week.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Is this role not quite what you're looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.