At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. As part of that, we are launching a series of ground breaking titles to players around the world.
We want you to help us build the next generation of massively multiplayer live experience
- Lead a team of technical designers in creating, expanding and utilising game systems, design new workflows, and collaborate regularly with other disciplines.
- Develop the skills of more junior technical designers, give regular and high quality feedback
- Offer valuable insights and feedback on the overall quality of the user experience, drawing from your unique perspective
- Be accountable for large systems in our experiences, crossing multiple features and gameplay areas.
- Provide support for specific aspects of projects, such as interactive spaces, quests, social interactions, dynamic events, balance, and more, as part of broader development efforts.
Why You're Made for This:
- Unreal Engine Expertise: You are an expert in Unreal blueprints and in many aspects of the engine.
- Growth mindset: A desire to grow and develop a team, considering each individual's well-being and differing needs.
- Prioritisation: Ability to prioritise and manage end-to-end design projects across the team, interfacing with different disciplines.
- Embrace Exploration: You're open-minded with the willingness to explore uncharted territory, shaping unique social experiences in virtual spaces.
- Broad interests: You have experience in creating interactive environments, social interactions, virtual economies, or in emergent storytelling.
- Real-time Expertise: You grasp the significance of real-time interactions, persistent world mechanics, and their impact on user engagement, accessibility, and long-term involvement.
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. Our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.