Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Staff UX Manager to lead our holistic global rider experience. You will be responsible for our iOS / Android Lime Rider app in addition to co-creating our safety programs, city integrations, monetization strategy and leveraging our hardware teams to deliver full-service design. Your work will be seen and used by consumers all over the world in the 250+ markets we operate in.
In addition to solid leadership, interaction and visual design skills, candidates should have experience identifying core user needs, crafting end-to-end user journeys and applying strategic thinking and business goals to designs. We also look for candidates who know how to work as a team since you’ll be working with product managers, product designers, and engineers.
What You'll Do:
- Build and lead a team of UX design and research professionals. Attract and develop top-tier talent while cultivating a high-performing, values-motivated culture backed by regular feedback, clear accountability, and proactive performance management.
- Create a culture of user-centricity through best UX practices, leveraging and empowering UX Research and cultivating an environment of robust experimentation, innovation and validation.
- Deliver a mix of management and strategic IC work. Stay hands-on driving the product strategy with a deep passion for UX craft. Develop compelling user experience strategies including concepts, wireframes, end to end flows, prototypes and specifications.
- Set the creative vision and own the delivery of Lime’s Rider Experience on iOS and Android. Partner with product managers and engineers to own the user experience of new features from conception until launch. Work on products that have hundreds of millions of impressions annually.
- Collaborate with Lime’s hardware team to deliver full service design by creating experiences that delight users spanning software, hardware and the real world.
- Candidates will ideally have 10+ years of experience in crafting, building and shipping quality consumer-facing products across a diverse group of platforms and form factors.
- Expertise in mobile app design & development, preferred expertise in transportation, working with hardware partners.
- An ability to own and drive the strategy and execution of entire end-to-end product solutions.
- A process that grounds work in user research and considers the context of the user’s experience.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with an ability to execute at a high level of aesthetic craft.
- Experience working in a very dynamic environment.
- Highly proficient with Figma and iterating quickly as the ideas evolve.
- Experience participating in both foundational and evaluative research.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $147,000.00 - $ 253,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.