About Pocket (Mozilla)
We invite you to become a vital part of our small team in San Francisco. We’re building a company that enables people to save and consume content that is worthy of both their time and attention. By doing so, we want to make it easier to spend time with more high-quality content, no matter how noisy it gets.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people’s lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We’re hoping you’ll be ready to jump in and get your hands dirty, too. We’re a small team and that means lots of opportunity to own things from start to finish that have tremendous impact on large numbers of people, across many different devices and platforms.
Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles and videos to Pocket. Every day, people all over the world are using Pocket to save and read what’s interesting to them, surfacing a unique, human view of what’s actually worth reading and watching on the web.
In a world where we are buried by content, where it’s become increasingly harder to find signal in the noise, truth from fiction, and even the value of our press and written word is being challenged, we need a platform where high-quality, thoughtful content and free speech can rise above the rest.
If that sounds compelling, we’d love to meet you.
To learn the Hiring Ranges for this position, please select your location from the Apply Now dropdown menu.
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Pocket is a part of the Mozilla product family, empowering millions of people to discover, organize, enjoy, and share content that matters to them. Pocket is available wherever people need it, with experiences that reach across web, mobile, and browser extensions. Pocket is the web, curated: for you and by you.
Our next phase of growth will see us take Pocket from a beloved product used by millions to tens and then hundreds of millions. As we embark on this next evolution of Pocket, we are seeking an experienced and creative product and design leader to join Mozilla's VP-level leadership team and lead Pocket’s Product and Design teams. If you are a proactive, passionate individual with a shown ability to produce excellent results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we’d like to speak with you!
We talk often about our work not just being about what we are building, but how we are building it. We aspire to be a model product and design organization known for innovating and shipping high-quality products that deliver upon Mozilla’s mission of being the guide to the joyful internet. We are well on our way and now looking to elevate our existing team with experienced leadership.
As VP of Product & Design at Pocket, you will…
- Build, lead, manage, and mentor a team of Product Managers, Designers, and UX Researchers by cultivating a high-performing, unified team culture
- Be a part of Mozilla’s VP-level leadership team that serves as the backbone of our operations
- Translate business strategy and vision from our executive team into execution-ready product strategy for your team that is evangelized across the organization
- Partner with leaders across Mozilla to ensure we’re achieving our vision cohesively, effectively, and in a way that creates confidence in our ability to deliver high engagement product experiences that customers love and continue using
- Serve as a key leader driving our product roadmap and delivery, ensuring the ongoing health and quality of our products
Your Professional Profile
- 18 years of product management and/or product design experience, including impactful leadership roles on major consumer-focused projects
- 7+ years of experience as a product management/design organizational leader, ideally with geographically distributed and remote teams
- A portfolio of past work that demonstrates strong experience building delightful consumer software experiences
- Proven experience as a data-centric leader, able to dive deep into the product performance metrics to identify fact patterns and derive action, while also seeking deep insight through user research measures to understand quantitative patterns
- A background that demonstrates a bias for action and the ability to navigate constraints in order to achieve business outcomes and solve for customer needs and desires
- Committed to growing and developing your own team; you’ve successfully led multi-level teams and have coached your direct reports to be supportive, successful managers of their own teams
- Experience leading user engagement for a high-traffic product with millions of users, ideally in the social or content spaces
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.