About Pocket Worlds
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World.
To build creative worlds where you belong.
About This Role
You will be working on the Art team, reporting to Ann Manly. (Please note that if you reach out to Ann, they may not reply due to the volume of messages received.)
We are looking for a talented and experienced graphic designer with a strong background in illustration. You will be responsible for creating in-app promotional material and social media content using our product’s avatars. You will need to have a strong understanding of graphic design and vector illustration in order to create posts that are both visually appealing and accurate to our product.
The impact of this role is to visualize ideas, information, in-app promotional material, and social media content by utilizing both creative talent and technical skills.
Key Indicators of Success
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a high standard for any statics, and graphic designs.
- You will create a variety of different templates that can be used for in-app promotions or mailing campaigns.
- You will come up with and execute new ways to present the promotion or sales.
- You will manage time efficiently to make sure deadlines are met in this fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do
- You will create compelling visuals by styling and posing in-game assets.
- You will create graphics for product promotion, in-app releases, in-app posts, websites, social media outlets, in-app branding, print, and internal projects.
- You will take full ownership and responsibility for hitting deadlines for graphic design productions.
- You will work closely with the art and live operations teams.
What You Can Expect in the First 90 Days
- 30 days: You will learn the process of graphics and be able to prepare the first statics.
- 60 days: You will become familiar with the events calendar and the different promotions and events within the HR community, allowing you to fully understand the setup.
- 90 days: You will be managing your own time and taking requests from the Live Ops team without an assistant. You will start working on improving the style and new ideas for promotional graphics.
Who You Are
- You are able to take direction and work independently.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- You are self-driven and know how to best organize your work and schedule.
- You have strong skills in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Ideally, you already have some experience with marketing creative or as a character artist.
- You excel at creating lighting, effects, backgrounds, settings, mood, and expression with characters.
- You have a strong foundation in drawing, anatomy, perspective, and color.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English.
Nice to Have’s
- You have a passion for fashion design.
- You know Adobe After Effects and you have basic skills in creating 2D animated promotional videos.
- Equipment allowance so you can choose whatever you need to work comfortably.
- Company-sponsored medical and dental insurance.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. We know how important taking time off is and we encourage it. Our team takes about 20 days off on average every year.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self-improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.
- Monthly Fitness Allowance to stay active and take care of your physical health.
- Working with a diverse team with people in over 15 countries.
- You have a voice! We love hearing ideas and want to embrace you for them.
- Extremely low turnover environment. Over 20% of our team has been here for over 3 years!
- Coworking space stipend in whichever location you want.
- Monthly team building budget to get to know your team.
- Team retreats to meet face-to-face and deepen connection.
- Bring your pet to work everyday! We love seeing your furry loved ones.
As a fully remote company, we strive to have an equitable compensation philosophy that allows us to take good care of our people, no matter where they are in the world. At the moment, our philosophy is composed of multiple factors such as market pay, location, performance, and other rewards. Our compensation philosophy is meant to support our organization’s strategic plan and operating objectives — as we continue to grow as a company, so will our approach to compensation.
The salary range for this role is 50,000 - 75,000 USD yearly in US and Canada. Salary will be adjusted based on your location.
What its Really Like to Work Here
We are a global team of nearly 100 people right now and rapidly growing. We feel a sense of ownership over our work and take great pride in what we do. We are not afraid to make, and most importantly, admit our mistakes — that allows us to show up authentically and build relationships of trust across the board. We are the scrappy kind, so we try to do more with less, and we love that! If you were to ask our team to describe our culture, they would probably say we are a passionate group of peeps trying to impact the next revolution of the internet.
Dream big, then make it real.
Be an owner, make a difference.
Build with humility.
Fast is better than slow.
Keep it scrappy.
Always be learning.
Read more about our values here.