About Epic Games
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation. Through Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store, and Epic Online Services, Epic provides an end-to-end digital ecosystem for developers and creators to build, distribute, and operate games and other content. Epic has over 40 offices worldwide with headquarters in Cary, North Carolina.
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Senior User Interface (UI) Programmer who is passionate about games and well-versed in C++, UI development, gameplay, and console development. In this role, you'll have an opportunity to work across UI, gameplay, and platforms to build features highly impactful to users.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with art and design leads to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements while attending to every detail, especially with regard to compliance, layout, and design
- Architecting, planning, and implementing new UI systems while optimizing and fixing bugs in existing UI systems
- Contributing ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Working collaboratively with the team to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Work closely with artists, designers, and other programmers on cutting-edge features that support player experiences across Fortnite
What we're looking for
- Exceptional C++ programming skills
- Experience developing UI features for games across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of networking, rendering, and other systems impacting quality and performance
- Unreal Engine development experience
- Passion for games and great user experiences
- Keen analytical mind and mature problem-solving skills