At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. As part of that, we are launching a series of ground breaking titles to players around the world.
Our metaverse group helps our partners realise their metaverse ambitions. The team’s expertise encompasses creative (concept and design), production (art and content), engineering (game development and Web3) and operations (dev and live).
At Improbable, you’ll collaborate with some of the best in the industry. Together, you’ll create unique, tailored experiences that stretch the boundaries of what’s possible in digital spaces and virtual worlds – and help define what the metaverse can be.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of game systems, design processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the game design and gameplay experience.
- Create high quality gameplay encounters and mechanics within industry standard timelines.
- Own discrete areas of the game and execute on it with a high degree of quality, e.g.: combat spaces, quests, boss fights, systemic combat encounters, balancing, etc...
- Develop and grow alongside an industry leading design team
Why You're Made For This:
- Experience in creating gameplay encounters like combat encounters, boss fights and puzzles.
- Good understanding of moment-to-moment and hour-to-hour mechanics and their connections to gameplay encounters, difficulty, pacing, and replayability.
- Able to self-manage workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Able to identify issues and propose solutions that improve encounter creation process or discipline.
- Able to create tutorials, guides, or other important documentation for other staff members.
- Good familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and its blueprint functions and systems (preferred).
- Alert and communicative about any impediments on your ability to deliver.
While we believe the mentioned experiences could be important, we're keen to hear from people that have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of the requirements, please still apply!
This role is available as remote, hybrid or in-office. We have a great office space in Spitalfields in London but are equally happy if you'd prefer to work from home some, or all of the time. We are 'Flexa' certified, meaning our entire employee experience is anchored around flexibility and autonomy.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.