Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
Content Design : This is an individual contributor role. You’ll use your writing skills, User Experience principles and knowledge of technical requirements of front-end development to develop product copy that helps Canva users to collaborate without the headaches. You’ll also work with the rest of the Content Design team to solve problems we’re all facing, so we can continue to build a robust, thriving specialty.
Results : You’ll help design and develop the Canva website and applications from a content-first perspective, where your content design decisions move the metrics that matter
Collaboration : You’ll bring Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Researchers together to find the best solutions for our users and to mitigate web-related issues by solving problems with language
You’ll help integrate our localisation principles to ensure the content you produce for our website and app is accessible in all languages.
Goals that you'll achieve:
- Audit some of the key collaborative experiences of Canva, including design and folder sharing, and anonymous collaboration. Then work with the team to bring your suggestions to life.
- Align with product teams on significant upcoming launches that impact users, focusing on product naming and aligning onboarding, making sure that important moments and launches are seamless and understood by our users
- Support key changes to our sharing experiences, focusing on using language to simplify and build user understanding, then testing them in the product to improve usage
- Work with design to shape the future of interactive feedback at Canva, shaping the language and experiences that will let people collaborate in new ways
- Unlock personalization opportunities that drive benefits for everyone from solo Canva users to enterprise teams
- Work closely with research and design to uncover opportunities for better collaboration for large business
What we are looking for:
- You’re a Content Designer who’s got a proven track record of solving complex problems. This means you have at least 3 years of content design or UX writing experience.
- You’ll work with the rest of the content design team to tackle problems we’re all facing, so we can continue to build a robust, thriving specialty within Teams and Education and across Canva.
- You have a passion for collaboration, backed with experience testing and shaping user experiences.
- You’ve owned Content Design research before and can champion best practices for studies and experiments in the messaging space.
- You have incredible UX writing skills and an impressive content design portfolio, and are a stickler for brand voice, consistency and style.
- You know how to work independently, but you also love collaborating with people from different disciplines and sharing the power of content design.
- You’ve got a good balance between big-picture thinking and nailing the details.
- You’re not afraid of complex problems – in fact, that’s where you thrive.
- You know how to get buy-in from key stakeholders. You’ve got a track record of bringing people on the journey with you – they know what’s changing and why.
- You like to move quickly, and aren’t afraid of fast growth and rapid change. Canva is growing faster than you can imagine – which means solutions that worked 6 months ago might break. You’re up for that challenge.
- You know how to prioritize ruthlessly and handle responsibilities for a wide number of projects – focusing your attention on the areas that matter most.
About the Teams & Education Supergroup
The Teams & Education supergroup is on a mission to power up design to enable learning, creativity, collaboration, and productivity. Canva’s subscription products including Pro, Teams, Education and Nonprofits are all product led from within the Teams & Education supergroup, as well as all core teams experiences such as content management and collaboration.
The Teams & Education supergroup wants to make Canva the tool that every team - big and small - wants to use to collaborate and communicate every day - from the classroom to the workplace.
About the Collaboration Group
The Collaboration group is on a mission to power creativity, work, and learning with collaborative design. In 2023, the Collaboration group is doubling down on a number of critical initiatives to help us achieve our company-level strategy of driving teams and collaboration in Canva. So far we’ve launched a range of communication, real-time, sharing & publishing capabilities but this is just the beginning of our journey.
As a Content Designer in this group, you'll be the human voice making complex things simple for our users around the world.
About the Content Design Specialty
Content Design is on a mission to help our users fulfill their goals with clarity and joy.
We’re looking to achieve this by building an amazing team with a culture of clear and crisp writing. Our focus is on systems, not just sentences. We create and improve flows, not just the words. We seek to have deep impact on key areas, not just shallow impact everywhere.
We're a small and growing part of our Design specialty. Canva sees content as a crucial part of its ongoing success – and we’re really focused on improving our content experience. We have a fun, human voice that we want to do a better job of getting across to our users, instead of, you know, “generic UX writing” voice.
We’re passionate about working together to create the future of Content Design at Canva; it’s not a top-down approach. Your opinion matters! You’ll also get lots of support from the diverse content team across the business. As soon as you arrive, we’ll be saying “Thank goodness you’re here!”
The content design specialty collaborates closely with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers and Design Researchers to identify solutions that prioritize our users’ needs.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.