Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the Team
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School creates educational content and offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
Our Design School team has a wide range of all-round skills. They’re designers, teachers, writers, facilitators, creators and doers. They facilitate in-person and in-product learning and continuously grow their skills and our courses along with our product and content library.
About the Role and Design Education Specialty
Our Design Education Lead (Core Brand) will champion Canva Design School branded educational content along with a team of educators servicing the community in our core Canva Free product. You will make impactful content decisions to help launch products, communicate ideas and empower our community to kick personal goals by showing how everyone can design in Canva.
Adaptive to change. The demand forcontent is rapidly growing. With that comes fast moving pieces as we figure out what we can achieve and what works best. We’re comfortable with a level of ambiguity.Communicates effectively with various stakeholders and audiences. Communication skills are key. Communicate clearly and work with internal and external audiences to create the best online courses and help teach our content.
Learn new skills and adapt to what the role needs. We’re open to learning new skills, whether that’s basic animation, screenflow tutorials or instructional design. (whatever the job requires!)
What Everyone in our Team Does:
- Communicates complex ideas visually. Design school aims to make the complex simple, taking big broad topics and making them applicable, engaging and accessible to everyone. Our team is able to take a complex thing and communicate it simply with visuals. All the while, making sure that it helps our users learn.
- Effective at managing multiple projects. Our team juggles multiple projects and chart new territory in building our courses. We’re adept at managing our own time and priorities, to get stuff done well and on time.
- Adaptable to change. The demand for content is rapidly growing. With that comes fast moving pieces as we figure out what we can achieve and what works best. We’re comfortable with a level of ambiguity.
- Communicates effectively with various stakeholders and audiences. Communication skills are key. Communicate clearly and work with internal and external audiences to create the best online courses and help teach our content.
- Learn new skills and adapt to what the role needs. We’re open to learning new skills, whether that’s basic animation, screenflow tutorials or instructional design. (whatever the job requires!)
As a Design Education Lead you will:
- Champion Canva's Brand!
- Ensure our brand pillars (human, inspiring, empowering) are being reflected in all of our content.
- Collaborate internally with Marketing, Product and Production groups to ensure the spirit of Canva’s brand lives in everything we do.
- Lead our Core Brand Education strategy, creative and communication empowering teams across the organisation with educational content and direction, and;
- Help us scale and grow Design Education for all learners, everywhere, while building the most loved brand in the world.
- You will create engaging content to empower our community!
- Help our community to achieve their goals through educational content, giving creative confidence to design in Canva.
- Create content that teaches the core Canva product and best design practices for various marketing formats and across lots of brand touch points.
- Plan and create content to launch new products to market through campaigns and distribution channels.
- Create a regular cadence of Design School content for every learning style, innovating new ways to teach the world to design.
- You will Empower your team!
- Take the lead on Design Education projects, bringing chaos to clarity for everyone in our team.
- Mentor other team members to excel in their craft. Understand how to unlock the potential of others using the best tools and techniques.
- Schedule regular catch ups and performance reviews helping coachees grow and pursue excellence.
- Nurture a collaborative, trusting environment amongst your team and foster cooperation with other groups.
- Do the best work of your life! While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
What We’re Looking For:
- You're experienced in educating others through creation and delivery of learning content.
- You have an ability to understand and communicate design concepts. Bonus if you display strong design craft with a professional Graphic Design background!
- You can empower others through leadership with strong experience in people management skills (teams of 3 people or more in varied levels).
- You're a strategic thinker: you can articulate, build and develop visionary strategies for implementation.
- You can navigate complexity : connect dots through big picture thinking for effective problem solving
- You make complex things simple : use your experience to systematically think through processes to create quality branded content
- You come with content creation skills for various marketing formats: able to write and create content with strong copy skills across educational content, in-product, videos, emails, web pages and lots of brand touch points
- You make effective decisions: able to prioritise projects based on impact, drive projects forward and ensure we’re meeting team and business goals
- You pursue excellence: you are process-driven, able to manage multiple, complex projects, keep others on track and assess and measure the effectiveness of systems and operations
- You have confident and clear communication skills : for constant collaboration, engaging presentation delivery and dealing with multiple stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
What You'll Learn and Develop:
- Get a taste of what it’s like to educate and empower Canva’s team and the millions of people in our broader community.
- How to scale our Design School library content for maximum impact and global reach, helping us to make design accessible to everyone.
- How to set crazy big goals and achieve them!
What You'll Achieve:
- Finding creative ways to reach and teach Canva’s 135 million monthly active users.
- Continue building a resource hub with learning resources in modular formats that can scale globally.
- Establish localized learning resources for Canva for Education in all key markets for scalability and maximum reach.
- Support, motivate and rally the team to kick personal, team and business goals.
What's in it for you?
Achieving our crazy big goals motivates us to work hard - and we do - but you'll experience lots of moments of magic, connectivity and fun woven throughout life at Canva, too. We also offer a stack of benefits to set you up for every success in and outside of work.
Here's a taste of what's on offer:
• Equity packages - we want our success to be yours too
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents & carers
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance to support your wellbeing, social connection, office setup & more
• Flexible leave options that empower you to be a force for good, take time to recharge and supports you personally
Check out lifeatcanva.com for more info.
Other stuff to know
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
Please note that interviews are conducted virtually.