At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
Build products that simplify the lending process Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers Engage with our customers through more human experiences
As the Lead Visual Designer, you will report to the Head of Product Design and:
- Take a leadership role in developing a specific experience (e.g., a user path for Earnest Growth, an event booth design) from the initial stages of research and concept development to the final stages.
- Implement a clear, refined, and transparent design process that is consistently utilized to produce high-quality results in collaboration with product designers, marketing teams, growth experts, and internal brand stakeholders.
- Guide and mentor team members on effective contribution methods.
- Propose innovative documentation tools or frameworks to enhance the accessibility and ease of updating brand and systems content.
- Independently devise improved approaches for organizing and constructing UI templates and toolkits.
- Embrace challenges and consistently work in demanding, uncertain, and/or highly constrained situations.
- Demonstrate continuous visible progress based on feedback.
Impact of this role:
- Growth - Partner closely with marketing and Growth to design website landing pages to provide a best in class top of the funnel experience with high engagement and conversion.
- Brand - Contribute to and deliver on our rebranding experience and make sure different parts of the org from marketing to product adopt the new brand.
- Design systems - Build a design system from scratch and be responsible for designing and maintaining design system components, UI patterns and documentation for Nucleus.
Ideal background and expertise:
- Proficiency in Figma
- Experience building responsive web and mobile experiences
- Deep understanding of visual craft, execution, holistic and systems thinking
- Experience designing WCAG compliant, accessible interfaces
- Experience using a range of design skills to deliver compelling design solutions to systematic problems
- Experience writing documentation and usage guidelines that teach designers and engineers how to adopt our brand
- Documentation and checklist to maintain brand quality across surfaces
- Ability to set visual design strategy and set metrics for the team