At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2023 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our Calm Business team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm Business is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
We are hiring remote workers for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or NYC. At this time, only candidates in these locations will be considered.
What We Do:
We are Calm Studios, Calm’s in-house creative agency. As a cross-functional team, we bring creative solutions to life, from concept to execution, in physical and digital forms. We’re small in size but big in ambition. We’re focused on building one of the world’s leading brands by sparking deep connections and nurturing lasting relationships with Calm. In order to achieve our goals, we’re looking for experienced, skilled, creative, and diverse candidates to join our team.
We spread our message across a variety of platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook/Meta, and Twitter, and we’re looking for someone great to take our design approach to new heights. If you’re looking to make an impact in the world of mental wellness through design, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a highly creative and versatile Designer to join Calm Studios. This role is integral to creating compelling design elements for various media, including video content, social media, marketing collateral, and in-app features.
- Collaborate closely with the marketing, product, external partners, and other Calm Studios team members to conceptualize and develop innovative, on-brand design solutions for social media content, brand campaigns, and marketing materials.
- Work closely with video producers, editors, and animators to produce motion graphic assets for social media campaigns, including graphics for Instagram Stories, TikTok, and Twitter.
- Provide design support for internal teams, including the creation of visual aids and presentations.
- Stay updated on design trends and new technologies, ready to apply current and forward-thinking strategies and tactics across campaigns.
- Ensure that all designs adhere to Calm's brand guidelines.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions with various departments.
Who You Are:
- Portfolio: An outstanding portfolio showcasing a strong understanding of design principles, including color theory, typography, and layout.
- Technical Skills: Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency with Figma.
- Digital and Print Media: Versatility in designing for both digital and print media.
- Teamwork: Excellent communication skills for team collaboration.
- Adaptability: Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Illustration, or a related field.
- Previous experience in tech, wellness, or a similar fast-paced industry.
- Knowledge of motion graphics or video editing is an advantage.
- Strong illustration skills are highly preferable but not required.
- Work experience in the Mental Health space
- Experience thriving in a remote-first company
- This role typically requires 5 years of related experience