Carbonfuture is the Trust Infrastructure for durable carbon removal. Today, the Trust Infrastructure consists of two products that seamlessly connect the entire carbon removal lifecycle: Carbonfuture MRV+, the most comprehensive MRV solution for durable CDR, and Carbonfuture Marketplace, the leading marketplace for durable CDR. At Carbonfuture, we build trust throughout the carbon removal journey with our rigorous, data-driven approach, ensuring unmatched quality and reliability of carbon removal. We empower suppliers by providing the essential project support and finance needed to transform their carbon removal projects into fully certified carbon credits. For corporate buyers, we offer access to portfolios of carbon removal credits adhering to the highest quality standards and provide visibility at each step of the carbon removal lifecycle via data-driven transparency enabled by Carbonfuture MRV+. We work with some of the world's most ambitious climate leaders such as Microsoft, Swiss Re, and the World Economic Forum First Movers Coalition.
Your role & responsibilities
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated track record in various design areas, with key focus areas on graphic design, web design, and motion design. You will be responsible for developing collateral, animations, and the company website to increase brand awareness, promote our product/offerings, and drive target audience engagement and conversion. In this role you will be part of the Communications and Trust team and work closely with product design.
What you'll do
1. Graphic design:
- Design compelling and effective collateral that distinctly communicates the value and benefits of our products and offerings to CDR buyers and suppliers.
- Develop visually compelling decks and event materials that engage our key target audience and foster an understanding of our value proposition and product and move them to action.
- Ensure all materials align with our brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather information and insights for content creation.
2. Web design and development:
- Lead the design, enhancement, and maintenance of the company website to optimize user engagement, conversion, and brand affinity.
- Use Webflow for web design and development, ensuring seamless user experience and brand consistency, and seamless user journeys and top-notch user experience.
- Integrate SEO best practices to ensure search engine visibility and increased organic traffic.
3. Motion design: Create impactful animations to illustrate Carbonfuture's products and broader CDR concepts.
4. Collaborate with the rest of the Communications and Trust team, Carbonfuture product team, and target audience owners (Sales/BD and Supply teams) to support our Go-to-market efforts and product marketing as outlined above.
5. Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of design and recommend improvements.
What you bring to the table
- 3+ years of relevant design experience (see three priorities above).
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging and persuasive visual content for various marketing channels, as outlined above.
- Proficiency in Webflow, design tools (e.g. Adobe Suite, Figma), and SEO.
- Some experience in product / UX design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new topics.
- Comfortable with working in English.
- Nice to have: some experience in the field of Climatetech, Sustainability, or Carbon Markets.
- This position must be started in December 2023 or January 2024
- A ground-breaking business with an early foothold in the carbon removal industry and the ability to have a real impact on climate change.
- Small but rapidly growing, international team with a shared mission to address climate change.
- Flexible working hours and remote work with hybrid possible if you're close to Freiburg.
- Competitive salary
- 30 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Additional mental health & wellbeing benefits
- Financial support for childcare
- for US employees: Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401k retirement plan.
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of our culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal-opportunity employer and a great place to work.
Carbonfuture is an international hybrid / remote office environment with team members located in the EU and the US. Candidates in the US should be prepared to either work from home or at a remote US location at the Eastcoast. This position requires the ability to work core hours Monday through Friday with availability for European time zone meetings and events. This position will require occasional evening work and some in-person attendance for all-staff or department-level events which will require overnight travel.
Recruitment approach at Carbonfuture
At Carbonfuture, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. As part of our ongoing efforts to remove systemic and subconscious bias from our recruitment process, we have implemented a method known as blind recruiting. This approach focuses on assessing candidates based on their genuine motivation and skills, rather than solely relying on traditional markers such as CVs and years of experience. Our goal is to create equal opportunities for all applicants, regardless of their background or previous work history.