About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have three amazing products to make this real:
- Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy.
- Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, trade and sell their NFT/SFT game items.
- Niftyswap, the decentralized marketplace—powered by Sequence—that makes trading semi-fungible tokens (SFTs) instant and secure. Sequence is poised to drive web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community. And, Niftyswap is poised to become the premiere marketplace for trading SFTs, web3 game and metaverse items. While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Coinbase, Initialized, BITKRAFT, DCG, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; a former top McKinsey strategy consultant; gaming industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all. Learn more at https://horizon.io/
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants. Skyweaver, a digital trading card game, is a fun and challenging TCG where players can win, own, trade, and sell their NFT game items. With its novel game economy, it puts players's first.
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for advocating and understanding our users and creating delightful experiences to make Skyweaver even more fun and engaging! We are looking for someone hungry for knowledge and enthusiastic about understanding our users' "hows" and "whys." You'll collaborate with a multi-cultural talented team of creative people that are eager to create a fantastic game.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user flows, user journeys, and interactive mockups
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project stakeholders
- Conduct user research and usability test when necessary
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
Skills and requirements
- Have experience with UX processes, including user research, usability testing, IA, design, etc.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design, planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Self-sufficient; able to manage workload and meet project deadlines
- Knowledge of standard UX design tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop
- Growth mindset: Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
What you'll do:
- Plan and execute user studies such as usability tests and user interviews to learn user preferences, attitudes, behaviours, and feedback in collaboration with the data analytics team
- Write reports including findings and recommendations that drive user discovery and future design improvements
- Participate in strategic discovery and decisions about design
- Create and present UX deliverables like Task flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Test your prototypes with real users
- Take the initiative and run small projects while being an active team player who understands that efficiency is driven by collaboration and teamwork
- Constantly participate and contribute to refine the UX methodology of the company