About Epic Games
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation. Through Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store, and Epic Online Services, Epic provides an end-to-end digital ecosystem for developers and creators to build, distribute, and operate games and other content. Epic has over 40 offices worldwide with headquarters in Cary, North Carolina.
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior AI Designer to join our team working on Fortnite. Game designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline development team that own the vision and drive to create innovative features and content which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
- Own the design vision for AI focused features.
- Craft high quality, player-facing AI behaviors and abilities using behavior trees and visual scripting.
- Create quick prototypes to try out and demonstrate new ideas in game.
- Collaborate with team members from various disciplines to deliver high quality experiences to our players.
- Cooperate with other designers from the AI team to define and promote a cohesive vision for AI in Fortnite.
- Use playtest feedback to iterate and improve AI features.
- Create and maintain clear and concise design documentation.
What we're looking for
- Experience shipping multiple AAA titles as a Designer.
- Experience developing AI for a highly systemic environment.
- Experience creating behavior trees and using visual scripting.
- A creative approach that can surprise and amaze players with new ideas and experiences.
- Talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations.
- Team player with good communication skills (verbal and written).
This role is open to multiple locations across North America & Europe (including WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Washington Base Pay Range