About Epic Games
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation. Through Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store, and Epic Online Services, Epic provides an end-to-end digital ecosystem for developers and creators to build, distribute, and operate games and other content. Epic has over 40 offices worldwide with headquarters in Cary, North Carolina.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for Quest Designers to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role, you’ll drive a team of designers in order to create quest content that supports a variety of systems, modes, and playstyles. Quest Designers at Epic guide a cross-discipline development team responsible for engaging players with goals that enrich their experience and tie in to broader forms of progression.
In This Role You Will
- Guide and grow a team to craft goals for players that build their exposure, experience, and mastery of new and existing game mechanics all while immersing them in the world of Fortnite
- Own the design, vision, outcome, and communication for quest content that fulfills player experience as well as engagement metrics and supports broad systematic framework needs
- Collaborate with product management and marketing teams to ensure player satisfaction and overall game health
- Actively participate in big-picture decisions, and ensure the design team focuses on the right elements to achieve superior results
- Drive collaborative and iterative prototyping, both paper-based and in-game
- Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate design work
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience shipping multiple titles as a game designer working on quest content or goal-based progression systems
- 2+ years in a leadership role, including experience managing or leading a team
- Experience designing game content for GaaS model
- Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations, forms of play, and the effects of goal setting on play
- Strong interest in BR and multiplayer games with an understanding of what makes them work
- Organized leaders who can structure and plan their own work, as well as guide planning for their teams
- Solution-oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America including
- Cary, North Carolina
- Seattle, Washington
- Los Angeles, California
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
California Base Pay Range
Washington Base Pay Range