We're on a mission to bring the next billion software creators online. Creating the future of computing is a team effort though.
Replit recently announced our $80M Series B to bring the next billion software creators online. We're focusing on: building the world's most ubiquitous programming environment; inspiring creativity and generating value for creators through community; and designing simple yet scalable infrastructure primitives for the next generation of creators. We're using the new financing to continue innovating and to grow the team with other talented and passionate builders.
📍Location: Remote United States or Canada (overlap 4 hours with US Pacific Time).
About the role
Replit has 18M+ users and is among the world's most used developer platforms. As the only full-stack language-agnostic IDE and hosting platform in the cloud, we are a developer's paradise.
In this role, you will be the primary advocate for Replit developers, engaging them through outreach, content, and events. You'll meet developers where they are and bring them deeper into Replit. You’ll show them how Replit is the best place to build and host software. You'll also work closely with our engineers to shape the product roadmap through feedback you get and dialogue you engage in.
This is an impactful role at the ground floor of helping build out the developer relations function at Replit. Come change how the world develops, deploys, and consumes software with a team that ships more than FedEx!
What you’ll do
- Build example projects and templates on Replit in a variety of languages (Python, JS, Java, Golang, and more)
- Be a strong voice of the developer across Replit internally; constantly share your learnings
- Foster and develop relationships with professional developers globally
- Deliver engaging talks in-person and online
- Write technical articles for our blog
- Create video tutorials for our YouTube channel
- Promote Replit on social media
- Participate in live coding streams
- Create multimedia content showcasing Replit’s abilities
- Foster relationships with other DevRels to get them to build on top of Replit
- Be a key part of Replit’s product-led-growth strategy
- Examples of what you could do
- Write tutorials for how to build Extensions on Replit
- Create a tutorial instructing users how to use and make the most of Nix on Replit.
- Organize and host a conversation between thought leaders in tech about the future of coding
- Make a video series on how to use Replit at work with our collaboration features
- Live code a GPT3-powered Slackbot using Replit
- Create a yearly lookback like Spotify Wrapped for our developers
- Write a Twitter thread on how we built a new version control system
- Host a live Town Hall with the developer community to kick off and share new features and source user feedback.
- Have experience as a software engineer or building software that people pay for on your own (can be on Replit!)
- Have worked in developer advocacy or DevRel before
- Comfortable working across several different programming languages and stacks
- Able to communicate technical concepts in a simple and engaging way
- Enjoy creating both written and video content
- Self-directed with a strong sense of ownership
Bonus points if you
- Already have a strong following on social media
- Are familiar with Replit and its capabilities
- Have worked as a software engineer in the DevTools space
- Have experience with Nix
Full-Time Employee Benefits Include:
🌎 Remote-First and Autonomous Working Environment
🧑💻 Flexible Work Hours
💰 Competitive Salary & Equity
🖥 Home Office Set-Up Stipend
⚕️ Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Short Term and Long Term Disability
📱 Monthly Expenses Stipend
🚼 Parental and Baby Bonding Leave
🏝 Flexible PTO (2 Weeks Minimum Required) + Holidays
🚀 Annual company/team offsites (4/year)