About Epic Games
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation. Through Unreal Engine, Epic Games Store, and Epic Online Services, Epic provides an end-to-end digital ecosystem for developers and creators to build, distribute, and operate games and other content. Epic has over 40 offices worldwide with headquarters in Cary, North Carolina.
📍Location: Guildford, United Kingdom or Stockholm, Sweden.
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to join the Fortnite team. As part of the Fortnite team you’ll be working on an ambitious new project that aims to deliver content and experiences faster and in more flexible ways.
Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine, you’ll work on all aspects of the core engine technology behind a cutting-edge on-demand user generated content system. This platform will have the capability to deliver content to millions of users, within minutes of it being published.
Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In This Role You Will
- Design and implement new engine runtime features for Fortnite, and the Unreal Engine itself
- Extend and improve existing engine technologies for use in Fortnite
- Optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
- Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Improve the overall development efficiency of the team at-large
What We're Looking For
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and memory
- Experience shipping networked multiplayer games and a strong grasp of game engine concepts
- Excellent C++ skills, and ideally some familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment, with strong soft skills.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Keen interest in games
This position is listed in multiple locations across Europe including
Guildford, United Kingdom
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.