Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy football experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $250M (€221M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, footballers such as Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohanian.
Sorare is looking for a Tech Lead to join the team. You should be excited to join a growing start up where you'll work on a cutting edge product. You should have a strong understanding of backend development, with the interest to develop and implement your own features. This role is working on a live, in production game, therefore the work that you do impacts our players directly, so having a sensibility for the user is important. You’ll be working closely within a team of developers, reporting into the Senior Engineering Manager. All of our team members have a say in the shape of the product, you will attend weekly meetings to help define the roadmap and priorities and then work towards building our unique and category leading game.
You don’t have to like sports, games or crypto to work here. What we look for is people who like to get things done, work in a growing company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and want to learn and develop.
- Own and lead an entire sports vertical
- Care deeply about security, performance, and maintainability
- Work with product and design to implement core features for our players
- Build new tools and systems to scale our infrastructure
Technologies we currently use:
- Languages: Go, Typescript
- Frameworks: GraphQL, React
- Services: PostgreSQL
- Platforms: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- Have been the tech lead of a software engineering team (i.e. enjoys mentoring & growing junior engineers)
- You have hands-on knowledge of backend development
- Independent and highly motivated: You are able to conduct by yourself with an eye towards quality
- Eager to learn: You are not afraid by new technologies or new paradigms
- Attentive to details: From front to back, you strive for the best quality
- Excited to work on a growing team, solving complex issues
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Sorare ranges from $200,000 - $250,000, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Sorare offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, vision, dental, parental leave, an unlimited vacation policy, 401(k) plan, fitness reimbursements, commuter benefits and contribution to lunch expenses!
- Health Care: Great medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Wellness Benefit: Sorare contributes to employees wellness (gym membership or ClassPass)
- Commuter Benefits: Sorare contributes to the cost of your commute
- Latest Tech: Sorare provides equipment such as monitors, computer, headphones, etc
- At-Home Work Station: Sorare covers the cost of an at home set up
- Lunch: Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Time Off: For US employees, we offer unlimited paid time off in addition to observed company holidays. For French employees, we offer 5 weeks of paid holidays per year in addition to the national holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.