GoodNotes was created from our founder's frustration of taking readable and reusable handwritten notes on his first iPad. We have since grown to millions of happy users. We are just getting started. Join us to reimagine what productivity suite will look like with digital pen and paper.
Dream big — Be visionary, strategic, and open to innovation
Build great things — Work in service of our users, always improving and pushing higher
Take ownership — Take responsibility with bold decision-making and bias for action
Win like a sports team — Be trusting and collaborative while empowering others
Learn and grow fast — Never stop learning and iterate fast
Share our passion — Share ideas and practice enthusiasm and joy
📍Location: Hong Kong or Remote.
About the team:
Goodnotes is creating a world-class, personalised learning platform, where users can share their knowledge, build communities and create their own interactive learning materials.
Reporting into the Vice President of Operations & Academic Affairs, this is a unique opportunity to own strategy and significantly impact the success of our new community and learning platform.
Working directly with our users, educators and Goodnotes product teams, you will drive initiatives to grow a fantastic community of content creators and grow the volume and consumption of quality educational content.
If you are passionate about learning, driven by data and you want to work in a meaningful and scaling startup, then we want to hear from you!
About the role:
This is the role for you, if you’re excited to work on:
- Challenging traditional learning paradigms!
- Developing and owning a long term content strategy to make Goodnotes the learning content platform for students across the globe
- Sourcing and curating academic content to publish in the Goodnotes Content Store, providing our users with world-class educational material from top students, tutors, educators, and some not-too-traditional educational providers
- Building and managing a dedicated community of educational content creators and contributors
- Partnership with our Learn team, Classroom team, and Content Store team to create the best native learning experiences in GoodNotes
The skills and experience you will need to be successful in the above:
- Experience in sourcing content for an academic content/ test prep platform, specifically across standardised tests for high school students (e.g., SAT, ACT, GCSE, A levels, IB, AP, Gaokao, HKDSE, Suneung CSAT), with a focus on STEM subjects
- You have launched successful initiatives to grow the volume and distribution of user-generated content
- Experience in building communities, managing content creators and engagement metrics
- Experience working with product teams to plan and execute the workflow of shipping new content
- Track record of shaping and shipping meaningful learning products that have been loved by students
- Strong prioritsation and collaboration skills with a focus on hands-down work
- Track record in coming up and shipping unique high leverage ideas from in-depth technical and product insights
- Great story teller and communicator both verbally and in written form
- Someone who’s comfortable in working with a high degree of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Experience in going from 0 to 1
- Strong analytical skills
- Preferably someone with a good understanding of the education systems in APAC, US, UK, and/or Germany
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria listed above, we would still love to hear from you! GoodNotes places a lot of value on learning and development and will support your growth if needed.
The interview process:
- Introductory call - The Talent Team want to hear more about your background, what you are looking for, and why you’d like to join GoodNotes
- Role Specific interview with Hiring Manager - A short presentation around your projects and successes relating to the role; followed by questions around your experiences, skills and attributes
- Values interview - Meeting with a member of the Goodnotes Team to answer questions relating to win like a sports team
What’s in it for you:
- Remote, flexible working
- Meaningful equity in a profitable tech-startup
- Budget for things like noise cancelling headphones, setting up your home office, personal development, professional training, and health & wellness
- Sponsored visits to our Hong Kong or London office every 2 years
- Company wide annual offsite
- Flexible working hours and location
- Medical insurance for you and your dependents