About Gearbox Entertainment
Gearbox Studio Quebec is an award winning AAA game developer that aspires to preserve the balance between large scale projects, human size teams.
Located in the beautiful city of Québec since 2015, Gearbox Studio Quebec guarantees an inclusive work environment and encourages creativity and initiative amongst its collaborators. The Studio remains authentic while having the resources of a large company.
The Gearbox team rewards work on merit and offers advantageous conditions including flexible and accommodating schedules, a package of competitive benefits, a substantial corporate contribution to the group RRSP as well as a policy of redistribution of among the most generous profits in the industry.
📍 Location: Montreal, Quebec.
- Work collaboratively with the project managers to define the vision for the game;
- Develop the visual style (tone, mood, locations, characters, etc.) with the concept artists and 3d art teams;
- Create the visual style guide for the game ("Mood boards", references and descriptions);
- Coordinate and supervise the art team during production;
- Maintain the balance between the artistic vision, the game vision and the technical feasibility;
- Review the visual content of the game and provide feedback to achieve the desired quality;
- Collaborate with other project team leaders in all stages of development;
- Actively participate in recruiment to build the art team;
- Interfacing with external partners related to the project (sub-contractors, publishers, media, etc.)
- Have a good general art culture;
- 10+ years of experience as an Artist or Art Director in the video game industry;
- Have delivered at least 4 multiplatform titles;
- Ability to express ideas and provide constructive criticism;
- Managerial skills;
- Mastery of video game art production techniques;
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems. (resourceful)
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented spirit.