About Thrive Global
Thrive is a leading behavior change technology company founded by Arianna Huffington in 2016 with the mission to end the stress and burnout epidemic. Thrive helps individuals and organizations improve well-being, performance and mental resilience with its AI-powered behavior change technology platform. Thrive’s Microsteps – small, science-backed steps to improve health and productivity – have been adopted by employees at more than 125 organizations in over 140 countries, from frontline and call center workers to executives at multinational companies.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Design Manager to lead our product design team and drive innovation and alignment in our products. As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for managing a team of designers and collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop and implement product design strategies.
As a Senior Product Design Manager you are a sharp problem solver and leader with a passion for great design and efficient processes to achieve it. You possess a blend of interaction management, design, and prototyping skills and are excellent at cross-functional collaboration and communication. In a fast paced environment, you’ll drive product experiences that are elegant and intuitive, and encourage the adoption of positive change behavior patterns for our global customers.
If you’re not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but this sounds like a role you would Thrive in – we want you to apply! We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
How You'll Contribute:
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Engineering teams to drive design vision and strategy
- Partner cross-functionally with product and engineering leadership to represent the design team, lead design initiatives, and provide feedback in planning and product channels
- Partner with engineering and design to ensure that our implementation and user experience is flawless
- Work with designers across product teams and lead broad, organizational-wide initiatives, such as improving Thrive Global’s design system and design practices
- Help guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Solicit feedback from designers and product partners within and beyond your product team
- Be an active collaborator with other designers, and participate in critique, design reviews, quarterly planning, and sprint planning
- Lead the product design team to develop and execute design strategies that align with business objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that design solutions meet business and user needs
- Manage the design process from concept to delivery, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Mentor and coach designers to help them grow in their careers
- Stay up-to-date with the latest design trends and technologies, and apply them to our products
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of Product Design related experience with at least 2+ years in a leadership role.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to guide end-to-end design process from concept to implementation
- Ability to collaborate and partner strategically with Data, Research, Product, and Engineering partners to drive and influence product decisions
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of patterns, best practices, and design standards across iOS, Android, and Web
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe Creative Suite
- A portfolio that demonstrates your design skills and or leadership process
What We Offer:
- Incredible potential for professional growth, and influence over our growth strategy
- As much responsibility as you can handle
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- A competitive compensation package
- Health, dental, and optical insurance
- Pension plan with company matching
- Generous paid time-off
- Being part of a mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference people's lives
Thrive is deeply committed to creating a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment so that all employees can bring their whole selves to work.
Thrive is proud to ensure equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Thrive is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Thrive’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Compensation for this role depends on level, and will likely fall in the $166,000 -180,000 range. We provide a competitive mix of salary, performance bonus, and equity.