About Cash App
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Cash App is looking for a strategic, creative, and results-oriented Brand Lead to street the development of one of our most rapidly growing product verticals. Building and expanding an enduring, engaging, and differentiated brand for Cash App’s suite of products is a critical ingredient for our long-term success. In this role, you will work closely with our Product, Creative, Brand, and Business teams to achieve Cash App’s shared brand and overall Marketing objectives.
As one of our Brand Leads, you will spearhead all marketing initiatives intended to drive brand recognition and favorability within our suite of products. As an influential leader and strong brand marketer, you will be responsible for building a strategic vision and manage the go-to-market strategy for campaigns that leverage a variety of owned, earned and paid channels including social, digital, editorial, web, events and sponsorships. You will partner closely with creative directors and marketing channel leads to deliver GTM plans tailored to specific goals. You will forge strong relations with our product and product marketing teams to help transform shared goals into brand marketing programs that span across all channels, including experimental endeavors and experiential activations. You will measure, analyze, and optimize campaign performance and bring new and innovative brand GTM tactics into the fold.
- Develop and drive the go-to-market brand strategy for Cash App’s sub-brands
- Build and expand upon Cash App’s enduring, engaging, and differentiated brand for our evolving suite of products
- Own our vertical specific marketing budget, including oversight of existing spend, business cases for incremental spend and reporting on the impact of investment
- Lead brand campaign development and coordination, driving targeted strategies and messaging across audiences, channels, and cross-functional teams
- Lead our brand positioning, along with a complementary channel strategy (in coordination with Channel Leads) that continuously raises the bar on both awareness and consideration
- Build and grow a strong brand that appeals to all demographics, designed to aid with overall product awareness, familiarity, and usage
- Build and maintain relationships with key thought leaders in the banking space
- Regularly interface with executive leadership, product, and creative to gain buy-in on brand and marketing strategies
- 7+ years of experience in brand or growth marketing
- Deep understanding of the banking space and evolving landscape
- A strong track record of spearheading launches and marketing campaigns that drove significant business results
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence at all levels
- Formidable creative narrative and story-telling skills to position Cash App as a leader in the financial services space
- Understanding of money, what it is, and how it’s changing
- An appetite to experiment and use non-traditional marketing tactics, backed up by testing measurable and scalable programs that you’ll optimize and launch based on learnings
- Highly collaborative leadership skills and a proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams to meet common goals and objectives
- Proven track record of delivering results & ability to manage a portfolio/make strategic choices to maximize impact
- Project management, prioritization skills & ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of development
- A self-starter with ability to work with a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional project & time management skills
- Strong execution, communication & strategic thinking skills, business savvy and an opportunity seeker
- Ability to anticipate issues and resolve them based on sound business judgment