About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have three amazing products to make this real:
- Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy.
- Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, trade and sell their NFT/SFT game items.
- Niftyswap, the decentralized marketplace—powered by Sequence—that makes trading semi-fungible tokens (SFTs) instant and secure. Sequence is poised to drive web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community. And, Niftyswap is poised to become the premiere marketplace for trading SFTs, web3 game and metaverse items. While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Coinbase, Initialized, BITKRAFT, DCG, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; a former top McKinsey strategy consultant; gaming industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all. Learn more at https://horizon.io/
📍Location: Remote (Toronto, ON).
About the Role
Sequence makes building great web3 games and apps easy for developers of all sizes and experience levels. This means that the Sequence community creates a ton of unique, fun, and memorable web3 experiences that we want to help the world discover.
We’re looking for an experienced Partner Marketing Manager to join our growing Sequence Marketing team and to play a key role in defining and growing our Partner Marketing efforts. The Partner Marketing Manager we’re looking for loves working with developers and gamers, is a collaborative relationship builder, and is excited about the opportunity to grow a function from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in Partner Marketing, or in a mixture of Marketing and Business Development, Sales, or Customer Success roles. They will thrive working in a remote-first environment and collaborating virtually with colleagues and partners alike. While they don’t have to be an expert in web3 or gaming (yet!), they will have a deep-seated curiosity and desire to learn.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable being both hands-on and strategic. You will collaborate on building the Partner Marketing strategy and you will be empowered to execute it. This means you’ll work collaboratively to define how to best approach Partner Marketing at Sequence to drive our business goals forward, and then take that strategy and bring it to life. You will work closely with developers building web3 experiences using Sequence, help drive awareness and adoption of their projects, and ensure that other web3 builders understand how Sequence powered those successful projects.
You will report to our Director of Product Marketing for Sequence and be part of the Sequence Marketing team. Your work will be incredibly cross-functional and you can expect to work closely with our Business Development team, our Product team, and of course our vibrant community of builders and partners.
This role offers a unique opportunity to make a huge impact on a new function at a growing company in a rapidly-scaling sector. The projects you’ll work on have the potential to affect hundreds of millions of people around the world. You will be a key asset in making web3 accessible to people worldwide.
- In collaboration with leadership, develop Sequence Partner Marketing strategies that drive results for both Sequence and our partners
- Own the day-to-day execution of the Partner Marketing strategy
- Manage co-marketing and partner-focused marketing campaigns from ideation to completion
- Build strong relationships with the developers and marketers at our partners to effectively align on goals and collaborate on co-marketing initiatives
- Develop and continually refine a Partner Marketing playbook to help scale our efforts
- Report on the success of the Partner Marketing strategy - from the results seen at a campaign level to the overarching strategy level
- Own both the launch of new partners as well as the ongoing collaboration and promotion of existing partners
- Act as a subject matter expert within the company with regards to our partners
- You’ll be the go-to person when it comes to knowing who has leveraged Sequence and what they built with it
- Some travel may be required occasionally
What you bring
- At least 3 years experience in a Partner Marketing or similar role
- The ability to multitask, manage priorities and concurrent projects, and meet deadlines in a busy and ever-changing environment
- A positive, team-oriented attitude, with strong verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfort taking initiative and making effective decisions under pressure
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment - bonus points if it was in the gaming or web3 space
- Working knowledge of the blockchain/web3 industry is a plus
· A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
· Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
· Competitive salary and equity package
· Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
· Be part of defining web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
· Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
· Work-life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
· New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
· Extensive health benefits for Canadian employees
· We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
· We invest in everyone’s personal development
· Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
Remote Marketing Jobs