About Floating Point Group
*THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL *
Marketing Leadership. Business Expert. Product Evangelist.
We're looking for a marketing director who is passionate about the growth of the crypto space and the innovation of crypto & blockchain-related services and technologies. You will thoughtfully develop and drive the overall marketing strategy for Floating Point Group, including editorial strategy, social/ community growth, events, affiliate/press, and more. You will also be responsible for identifying areas of need and overseeing the growth of the marketing department, so that we can stay ahead of marketing needs as Floating Point Group continues to scale.
This role is a massive ownership opportunity to establish a new department in a mixed IC/managerial role at a hyper growth startup. Exceptional performance will be rewarded with increased scope and mandate as the department grows. For the right person, this represents the fastest path to career and personal growth that a company can offer.
What you'll be doing:
- You'll work with the product team, our co-founders and the executive team to help define the marketing strategy.
- You will oversee end-to-end the development and implementation of a fully integrated marketing strategy; help set / own execution of quarterly goals
- Scale, lead and mentor the first marketing team from the ground up and forecast hiring needs
- Own product marketing to plan, manage, and execute marketing support for product launches
- Develop and define a distinct and comprehensive social media strategy to increase website traffic to cross-promote social/digital content and delegate to a team member who will own its execution
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive content strategy that is built to deliver results
- Creating new, accessible content to explain complex technologies and topics to a variety of audiences
- Compliment event and conference opportunities with digital marketing, social media and thought leadership content Manage external agencies for PR and content development and content developers
- Own the company blogs and micro-site content
- BA or MBA preferable (communications, business, marketing, etc)
- Proven experience as marketing lead with a minimum of 5 years of total work related experience
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and marketing plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion, thought leadership, etc.)
- Proven ability to work in an async environment and manage, evaluate a global marketing team across different time zones (make more about team development, less global leader)
- Familiarity with digital marketing fundamentals with including Google analytics, SEO, SMO etc.
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) skills in English and interpersonal abilities
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace ambiguity and adapt quickly to changes
- You are scrappy and resourceful with minimal to no guidance
- You can think on your feet, but with enough humility to ask questions
- You’re entrepreneurial.
- You’ve seriously considered starting or have previously founded a business (childhood lemonade stand, undergrad side hustle, full-fledged startup, etc.)
- You want to swing for the fences. You see taking risks is an exciting feature of your role.
- You have high standards. You’re accustomed to being the banner carrier for your role, team, and department.
- You live by the mission of a more scalable, programmatic, and decentralized vision of the future of finance.
- Alignment between a company’s mission and your values is important to you.
- You want to have an impact.
- You keep up to date with cryptocurrency, blockchain, defi, NFTs, etc for fun (via reddit, crypto twitter, private blogs, etc)