Blockworks is a fast-growing media and information brand that delivers news and research about crypto to millions of investors.
Our editorial content, research, newsletters, podcasts and conferences provide investors with the critical analysis and information they need to make smarter decisions about crypto.
Earlier this year, we launched Blockworks Research, a research and data platform for crypto investors. We’ve built a world-class research team to provide deep coverage of crypto assets to our audience of professional investors. Now we’re looking for someone to lead that team and scale Blockworks Research. As our Head of Research, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of researchers and data analysts. Your team will create in-depth reports about crypto assets and protocols, DeFi, NFTs, stablecoins, publicly traded crypto companies, and more. Your day-to-day will be split between managing a team of analysts and interfacing with clients. We are looking for someone with an incredibly deep knowledge of crypto, a background managing and scaling teams, and a deep network of industry leaders. We are based in New York and prefer candidates near New York, but can be flexible.This role offers competitive compensation and significant opportunities for growth.
- Lead, manage, and grow an existing team of research and data analysts
- “Finger on the pulse” when it comes to crypto-native content, using this knowledge to guide the analysts’ content direction towards valuable and timely topics
- Ability to edit long-form research reports and guide the team on ways to improve their writing and research skills
- Build relationships with existing and potential clients
- Work closely with our CTO and product team, turning client feedback into an actionable product vision
- Work closely with marketing to build and produce a content funnel (Twitter Spaces, Twitter threads, etc) that drives inbound customers
- Research is still a relatively new division of Blockworks – constantly identifying areas for growth and problem solving are huge aspects of this role!
- 3+ years experience in crypto
- 2+ years experience managing a team
- Deep knowledge of DeFi, L1s, crypto market dynamics, protocols
- Interest in DAO governance
- Ability to work with data and derive conclusions from it
- Ability to write and edit long-form research about complex narratives and ideas in a way that is clear, cohesive, and accurate
- Bonus: Familiarity with Python, SQL, Dune, Flipside, Etherscan, and/or Solidity
- Bonus: Understanding of DAO governance
- Bonus: A network of industry leaders to help circulate reports and receive grants
Salary & Benefits
We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, fully paid parental leave, remote work-station stipend, commuter benefits, learning stipend, team happy hours and outings, generous vacation and PTO policy, and a commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
How to Apply
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please email [email protected] with “Head of Research + Your Name” in the subject line. You should include: your resume, a link to your Twitter or LinkedIn, and one paragraph about why you’re a great fit for this role.