As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Do you obsess over communities and stories that sit at the intersection of tech and culture? We at Kraken are building a world class brand marketing org and are looking for people who understand how to build community and brand reputation in compelling, creative and innovative ways. We believe the future is paved by crypto and it will have creativity and culture at the center.
We are looking for a Global Director of Brand Partnerships, a leader who is a passionate and experienced marketing executive to lead our art, fashion, entertainment, sports and gaming partnership efforts. You will be charged with identifying those creative and growth partnerships that help us mutually achieve our shared business goals and work with key functions to maximize brand and business opportunities. Internally, you will be an advocate for our partners and bring your industry expertise to inform cross-functional team discussions and business decisions. You are someone who understands how to build relationships with partners who share in our vision and will build the Kraken community in creative ways. You will partner closely with the overall Brand Marketing and Strategy teams as well as creative, media, data science and product teams to execute the best partnerships needed to achieve Kraken’s mission and purpose. The nature of brand partnerships at Kraken can be anything from co-marketing opportunities to sponsorships, subscription bundles and so on.
Who You Are
You are always curious, seek to solve problems and find new ways to connect people around stories. You are a leader that can adapt to your situation and will always be there for your team. We focus on quality in our storytelling and are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets. Finally, we aim to have fun and bring the best experience for our customers..
NOTE: This is a fully remote role.
- Set long term strategic vision of partners and build one year annual plans to achieve that vision.
- Work with other key brand marketing leaders in brand strategy, research, media and operations to orchestrate full brand initiatives.
- Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product-market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals.
- Lead key geographic brand teams and guide them to be best in class across their regions and cities.
- Manage large scale, sophisticated budgets and operate with precision and creativity.
- Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; being a proactive leader and decision-maker is key.
- Create and share intel on competing products and marketing, summarizing what is working well and what is not, and how we will differentiate ourselves.
- Be an owner: step up and take the lead on challenging, ambiguous work.
- Ship: We are in hyper growth and everyone is on board this rocketship to drive impact.
- Be on the forefront of culture and innovation in marketing.
- Understand emerging space of culture and embrace new opportunities where advantageous.
- You have 12+ years of previous experience in music labels, fashion houses, professional sports, sponsorships, brand marketing, digital marketing, or agency life.
- You’re a concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
- You have a good grasp on relationship building with larger partners, agents, and organizations
- You have built and led sophisticated, matrixed teams that are distributed globally.
- You have a solid pulse on what is relevant in culture and can understand how to action short-term and long term trends across digital and physical activations and campaigns.
- You understand persona work and how to grow a brand through strategic planning and
Nice to Have
- Previous crypto experience not required but certainly a plus!
- You have previously worked with luxury and culture brands
- Geo-specific, global client experience in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, EMEA, or Latin America
- You’ve got a couple of moonshot ideas for transforming marketing in crypto
- You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind