Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration. Mural created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
Mural is looking for a creative, strategic, and analytical Social Media Manager to grow our online personality and presence, and help build the Mural Community. As a content manager, you’re a student of storytelling on social media. As a data-driven person, you know what works and what doesn’t.
As a key member of the team, you’ll work with folks from every corner of the business to spread our message to every corner of the internet. That means showing up as Mural on relevant social platforms to share innovative content and start rich conversations about technology, creativity, human connection, and the future of collaboration.
You know what to do and why you’re doing it, needing minimal direction while welcoming feedback. You mix confidence and social copywriting prowess with an openness to learning from others. You are focused on getting the job done and making the most of your time.
In this role, you will:
- Execute a cross-channel strategy for social media
- Pitch and sell your creative ideas to leaders and other stakeholders
- Plan Mural’s social media content calendar based on current social media trends and specific business needs
- Create high-engagement and impactful social media content that reflects our brand voice, furthers business needs, and engages target audiences
- Speak as the voice of Mural on all social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and possibly other platforms)
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology
- Collaborate with stakeholders to make the most compelling and impactful creative assets
- Educate others at Mural about our social strategy so they can support it through their efforts
- Publish and monitor posts that embody best practices while also striving to stand out
- Engage individuals and other brands in a way that surprises and delights, while positioning Mural as a thought leader in collaboration
- Research social media trends, platform updates, and the competitive landscape
- Measure, analyze, and report overall social media performance on a regular cadence
- Iterate and constantly improve our social media strategy and execution
This is not an entry-level position. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in a social media role, with proven success delivering compelling creative and measurable results—ideally for a SaaS brand
- Be passionate about social media, communication, business, technology, innovation, and/or the future of work.
- Exceptional content creation skills (writing, editing, visuals, etc), especially geared toward growing and nurturing social media audiences and brand communities
- Get along well with others — from executives to influencers — and also be able to operate independently.
- Have a deep knowledge of existing and emerging platforms that can serve as a foundation for compelling and innovative ideas.
- Be able to analyze and measure social media performance using data to inform and make recommendations to team leaders, executives, and partners.
- Experience in design thinking, agile, and other methodologies, as well as a history working on topics related to technology, business, collaboration, and future of work.
- Be able to manage their workflow independently, from a remote location
In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role ranges from $73,700 to $92,100 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In the state of California and Washington, the salary for this role ranges from $73,700 to $115,100 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your city of residence, qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In New York City, the salary for this role ranges from $92,100 to $115,100 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
Job level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. #LI-Remote #LI-SS1
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.