Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
Where and how you can work
Our flagship office is in Sydney, Australia, but we've made our way from down under, to hubs in Austin and San Francisco, which are now home to our US operations. So whether you're in Texas or California, you have choice in where and how you work in each of those states. That means if you want to do your thing in the office (if you're near one), at home or a bit of both, it's up to you.
What you’d be doing in this role
As Canva scales change continues to be part of our DNA. But we like to think that's all part of the fun. So this will give you the flavour of the type of things you'll be working on when you start, but this will likely evolve.
At the moment, this role is focused on:
- Building and leading a thriving developer community by providing engagement opportunities, driving discussions and supporting the community’s overall success.
- Develop and implement strategies for engaging with the community and growing the community’s membership.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to understand the community’s needs, and help explore opportunities where the team can contribute to the community’s success.
- Analyze community metrics to advise and optimize community engagement strategies and make data-motivated decisions.
- Lead communication channels for the community, including email, social media, and forums.
- Maintain a positive, collaborative community culture by creating content, coordinating events and initiatives, and supporting the community’s overall mission.
You're probably a match if
- You have proven experience in leading developer-focused online communities.
- Experience in moderating online forums, social media accounts, and email communication channels.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience in data analysis and insights reporting.
- Passionate about building and growing online communities.
About the team
The Ecosystem team are investing in growing an active community of developers and apps partners on our Visual Design Platform. We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Community Manager to work with our Developer Advocate and Ecosystem Product and Engineering teams to lead growth and engagement with our developer ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is passionate about creating and growing online SaaS platform developer communities.
But don't just take our word for it, check out what Community Specialist - Alena Godunova, has to say about working in Marketing at Canva -
"Working at Canva means being a part of an international community which is amazing. We learn together, we collaborate, we get inspired by so many great people and stories from around the world."
At Canva we value fairness, and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation whilst ensuring internal equity within the team in each region. We make hiring decisions based on your skills, experience and our overall assessment of what we observed and learnt in the hiring process. The target salary range for this position is $149k to$192k. When calculating offers, we make salary decisions based on market data and candidates' skills and experience.