Loom is a new kind of work communication tool, already helping millions of people get their message across through instantly shareable videos. Our users work at companies like HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub and LinkedIn. Our mission is to empower everyone at work to communicate more effectively and get ahead, wherever they are.
Founded in 2016, Loom has raised capital from top-tier investors including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, General Catalyst and Slack Fund.
Loom is hiring a Head of Marketing who will report to the Chief Operating Officer to develop a high-velocity go-to-market strategy that powers both the self-serve and sales-led flywheel. This role will be a builder, excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a focus on efficiency and scaled success. The ideal candidate will be data-minded, experimentation-oriented, and have a deep track record of succeeding through digital and programmatic marketing strategies.
Loom’s Head of Marketing will lead the charge on what it means to empower effective communication at work. This person will be responsible for iterating and perfecting the narrative of a category-defining behavior and defining the customer lifecycle that creates a connected, cohesive journey through our product-led experience.
- Lead a high-performing, numbers-oriented team to create and implement strategic & integrated marketing initiatives across all marketing functions (Growth, Product Marketing, PR & Comms, and Demand Generation)
- Create and implement the strategy for scaled, digital programs that will power all top-of-funnel acquisition and habit-forming behaviors for the self-serve side of Loom’s business
- Develop and optimize the high-velocity go-to-market strategy that builds a frictionless bridge between the self-serve and sales-led sides of the business
- Leverage data and analytics for decision-making and measuring marketing effectiveness to create a culture of structured experimentation and iteration that drives scaled growth
- Oversee the development & execution of a Product Qualified Account strategy that includes outbound prospecting, inbound lead follow-up, nurture, channel activities, live/virtual events, and robust engagement scoring
- Identify the highest ROI marketing messages, value propositions, channels, and calls to action that align with Loom’s larger brand narrative and mission
- Manage marketing budget across all channels, contractors, and technology to assure efficiency and ROI
- Work together with Product, Sales, BizOps, Finance, and the wider executive team to improve CAC, LTV, and ROI by setting shared goals and creating cross-functional programs that drive new customer acquisition, engagement, and conversion
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of marketing leadership experience with 5+ years of scaled digital growth marketing focus that spans the full funnel
- Experience working directly with both product and sales teams and being held to performance numbers
- Bias towards action and rolling up your sleeves to tactically execute - excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment and craft the playbook to power a high-velocity growth motion
- Experience developing predictable models of revenue and performance metrics while developing regular reporting cadences for executives and cross-functional partners
- Proven track record successfully developing and executing B2C and B2B growth marketing strategies, ideally in multi-sided marketplace business
- Deep understanding of unit economics (CAC/LTV, CAC payback), sales cycles, customer journeys, and acquisition metrics (CPA, CPC, CPM)
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement
How We Work
Freedom and Flexibility: At Loom, we believe work is an act, not a place. When we disengage work from a location, we can accommodate a broad range of life choices. You can choose to work from home or while you travel. We are able to hire across the United States and are continuing to expand our international presence. And you are free to move within a country without any adjustment to compensation.
Engaging Workday: The key to an engaging workday is finding the right balance between different ways to work sync, async, text and video. Loom makes it easier for us to say what we mean without having to schedule a zoom meeting or struggle to find the right words. And using async communication allows us to free up time for deep work every day. We believe there's a place for sync time - often a conversation on Zoom is exactly what is needed. For team meetings, this ‘sync time’ is typically between 9AM-Noon PT given where the overlap of timezones where Loommates are located.
Work-Rest Balance: The way we balance the fast-paced demands of a high-growth startup and sustainability is making rest a priority. We offer a flexible PTO policy so you're able to take time off when you need it. We also go fully offline for Summer Break around 4th of July and between Christmas and New Years. Rest is also part of the workday, not just during PTO. Taking a break for personal commitments, whether it's watching the kids or getting some exercise is a natural part of the workday.
Social Connection: Relationships and connectedness matter. We are intentional about building trust and relationships through unique, shared experiences. Our virtual workspace keeps us connected day-to-day whether it's through Looms celebrating wins or our buzzing Slack communities. Loommates are able to meet in person with their teams at least twice a year purely for fun. We have also built local offices for those who want to work or meet in person, starting with San Francisco and New York City.
Loom = Equal Opportunity Employer
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Loom are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.