We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
Notion’s Creative Team is a small team of strategists, designers, illustrators, and filmmakers serving creative needs across the company. We're looking for an experienced, creatively-excellent, and empathetic Creative Copywriter who can craft messaging and copy that delivers key experiences and campaigns for Notion’s brand today and explores new territories and opportunities we’re planning for tomorrow.
This is a part-time role starting at 20 hours per week for 3 months, with the opportunity to expand.
What You'll Achieve:
- Write original and inspiring copy across Notion’s marketing presence, including assets like ads, video scripts, website, emails, social, and much more.
- Partner with various Marketing teams to develop concepts and messaging for brand campaigns, product launches, and core brand initiatives.
- Be a steward of Notion’s brand voice, keeping messaging and style consistent across assets while staying strategic about the needs of various marketing channels.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 3+ years of hands-on copywriting experience, preferably in-house for a global brand or advertising agency
- Absorb and synthesize feedback: You’re open and resilient to multiple feedback cycles and changing requirements, and you respond with creative solutions.
- Speed: You’re not precious about your work and are always ready to riff on ideas. You’re unfazed by tight deadlines and work iteratively to turn around drafts for review so we can make quick progress.
- Highest bar for quality copy: You’re constantly looking for ways to stand out from the noise with your copy. You think about how to stay true to as well as up-level the brand you’re writing for.
- Collaborative: You believe in the collaborative process of writing, and you’re experienced working with multiple stakeholders across Marketing to develop ideas, refine concepts and drive alignment on next steps.
- Adapt to different brand voices: You can leave behind your personal voice and embody the identity and values of different brands to generate unique copy.
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with and experience using Notion
- Ability to come into Notion’s SF or NYC offices for in-person meetings
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
For roles based in New York and San Francisco, the estimated base hourly range for this role is $100/hr - $125/hr.