Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
📍Location: Remote - United States.
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
The Reddit UX team is a multi-disciplinary team of UX Designers, Researchers, and Writers. UX members collaborate closely with product management, engineering and other UX disciplines to craft the best experiences that help achieve Reddit’s mission.
UX Operation lead will play a critical role in scaling our centralized UX function across Consumer and Ads products and enhancing the speed and quality of execution. You’ll partner with the VP of UX and UX Directors to foster a healthy UX organization through establishing best practices and processes. You will plan a UX-org level review process, project design milestones, assess risks, and ensure strategic commitments meet deadlines. You will also work with Product Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers to coordinate efforts and implement launch review processes. This role will also be key support for the VP of UX in areas like organizational efficiency, staff meetings and team meetings.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive operational strategy. Plan, implement and lead a holistic product design process from foundational research, brainstorming, ideation to implementation.
- Ensure strategic commitments meet deadlines by creating design milestones, assessing and mitigating risks
- Have a deep understanding of the needs and dependencies of each function/discipline. Help bridge between them to amplify UX org’s impact.
- Create and drive cross-team, cross-functional project plans and review process
- Manage key meetings and take the lead in ensuring tasks are completed
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders by clearly communicating a UX plan and point-of-view
- Ensure design is executed efficiently in higher quality
- Defining the future of the Design Operations practice and fostering its growth
- Support VP of UX in organizational efficiency, staff meeting and team meetings
Who You Might Be:
- 10+ years of managing and scaling UX programs
- Experience driving operational excellence and user-centered development processes and tools at the UX org level
- Experience improving velocity, productivity and quality of teams, products, programs and systems
- Experience managing FTE or contract-based individual contributors
- Comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an inclusive, transparent, collaborative culture
- A strategic thinker who foresee problems and drive alignment across stakeholders
- A problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication skills
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; focus on users and strive to improve the efficiency and quality of the Reddit UX team
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $183,500 - $275,300.