Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We are adding a Senior User Researcher to our Team Success product pillar who will help us better enable teams to be successful and grow their businesses on Webflow. You will help us better understand our customers and how to bring their needs to existing and new product initiatives for Webflow. This role will help us learn about our current and potential customers, and who we can serve by identifying continued and new opportunities in our product roadmap.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $122,000 - $168,000 for most US locations and $136,000 - $187,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Director of Research and Insights
As a Senior User Researcher, you’ll …
- Help define and shape the research function at Webflow as we make it a core pillar of the product Insights team
- Plan and execute inclusive, strategic, and valuable user research: design research studies and tests, recruit participants, facilitate interviews, and analyze results
- Synthesize findings and use compelling narratives to communicate digestible and actionable insights and recommendations to a variety of partners in ways that build trust, informs, and drives consensus around key decisions
- Influence and support the formation of technical product roadmaps and tactical solution designs that are highly usable and useful to a diverse and global audience
- Evolve and elevate Engineering, Product, and Design’s (EPD) user research capabilities by equipping non-researchers with toolkits, training, and processes to set them up for success in their own research
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Senior User Researcher if you have:
- Experience building products in the B2B SaaS space
- Proven track record of leading research and collaborating with other teams to discover insights, identify unmet needs, craft better products, and significantly impact company strategy
- Experience with lean research integrated with product teams in an agile process
- Exceptional ability at empathically listening, perceiving users’ needs, and delivering an unbiased view of users
- Exceptional ability to understand and breakdown complex systems and large amounts of research data, generate user insights, and turn those insights into action items for product teams
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience advocating for, implementing, and interpreting analytics
- Knowledge of accessibility, principles of effective design, and the Jobs to be Done framework
- Facilitation experience to drive consensus and buy-in, especially with cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Implemented and improved research tools and programs
- Mentored other researchers and product designers
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.