Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for an experienced UX writer to lend a human touch to some of the most complicated corners of Figma—like prototyping, design systems features, and Dev Mode. These are complex features, and you’ll be tasked with making them as simple and approachable as possible.
You’ll join 7 kind-hearted word nerds on the UX writing team and work closely with people all across the company. You’ll shape strategy alongside PMs, design alongside designers, and more. Along the way, you’ll help define Figma’s voice, and create resources that make everyone at Figma a better writer.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Own UI copy and content strategy for some of our most complex features—like prototyping, design systems features, and Dev Mode
- Lead feature-naming work, and ensure all terminology is clear and conversational
- Participate in design critiques, sharing your work and giving feedback on visual and interaction design
- Craft UX copy guidelines and improve the UX writing team’s processes
- Help make some of our most complex, advanced features as approachable as they can be
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 4+ years of experience writing interface copy
- Strong product thinking, and the confidence to advocate for design changes when needed
- Experience with complex systems (like dev tools, website builders, game engines, etc.)
- A love of process-building and an outgoing approach to creating cross-functional relationships
- Experience using data and research to guide writing decisions
- A passion for design tools
- Samples of relevant UX writing/content design work you can share