Zip is a global ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ company that gives our millions of customers simpler and fairer ways to pay.
We are proud to be a global business built around our US and ANZ core markets working with merchant partners including Amazon, Best Buy, eBay and Uber. United by our mission, purpose and values - Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together & Change The Game - we are the next generation of payments, helping people across the globe to fearlessly take control of their financial future.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
- Copywriter with 4+ years of experience in creating content for web and mobile product interfaces
- Our Marketing Leadership team is highly analytical and data-drive
- Remote-first opportunity for US-based employees with the option to work in-person out of our Manhattan office
Start your adventure with Zip
As a Copywriter at Zip, you will be considered a multidisciplinary writer with experience not only in short-form content but also in long-form. You are an excellent writer and communicator who enjoys storytelling, particularly about brands, products, and product-focused initiatives. The ideal candidate shares our passion for solving real customer problems by creating simple and user-centered experiences. You will leverage your expertise in user experience design, design thinking, product strategy, and writing.
The Shopping squad's mission is to generate top-of-funnel customer demand and enhance our app and web experience continually. Our team plays a central role in shaping how customers perceive our brand and service. Our primary focus is on building both the commercial and cultural capital for Zip, all with the customer's best interests at the forefront.
Interesting problems you’ll get to solve
- Someone who others describe as a thought provoking leader that is not afraid to flip the paradigms of marketing & communications
- Turn marketing goals into inspiring narratives and strategic creative that result in increased awareness, growth, and engagement for the brand
- 4+ years of relevant experience writing content for web or mobile product experiences.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects with minimal direction and managing a high degree of ambiguity.
- Great at simplifying and communicating complex ideas to a wide range of audiences.
- A systems approach to copywriting with experience contributing to and maintaining design systems.
- Experience using data and research to evaluate your content’s impact.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set expectations with stakeholders.
- Experience in financial services, payments, and e-commerce is preferred.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Mastery of relevant tools, such as Figma and monday.com
- Strong project management skills to ensure all processes are followed, timely communication, briefing, and launching/removal of creative
- Strong time management skills to ensure timely communication, briefing, and launching/removal of creative
- Excellent relationship with internal and external stakeholders, including the creative team, compliance team, contractors, affiliate partners, etc.
- Critical assessment of all current and past comms and projects to ensure future work is well optimized
- Attention to detail to ensure that all comms are, and remain, compliant as disclosures evolve
What you’ll get in return
Zip is a place where you’ll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you’ll feel empowered and trusted to make big things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and as though you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it’s important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you’ll get to grow your skills and your career, and be surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
- Flexible working culture
- Incentive programs
- 20 days PTO every year
- Generous paid parental leave
- Leading family support policies
- 100% employer covered insurance
- Beautiful Midtown office with a casual dress code
- Learning and wellness subscription stipend
- Company-sponsored 401k match
The Pay Range for this position: $100,100 - $138,138 USD based on the industry benchmark for position, function, level and Zip's compensation strategies. However, actual base salary will depend on varying circumstances and individualized factors, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits.