About Pi Network
About SocialChain Inc.: Pi is a new social cryptocurrency secured and backed by everyday people. Developed by a team of Stanford PhDs, Pi can be easily mined on mobile phones with low financial cost, limited battery drain, and a light footprint on the planet. Pi’s social cryptocurrency is laying the foundation for a Web3.0 developer platform where cryptocurrency utilities are built and for an inclusive online ecosystem where everyday people can capture their fair share of the digital pie.
We're a tech startup located in Silicon Valley. Our mobile application right now has over 35 million engaged users across over 230 countries and regions in the world. With this large crypto-enabled social network and a burgeoning developer platform, we have the potential to become a pillar company of the next wave of technological revolution, equivalent to the one brought by the internet.
Our Vision: Build the world’s most inclusive peer-to-peer ecosystem and online experience, fueled by Pi, the world’s most widely used cryptocurrency.
We have a 35+ million global community in our blockchain platform. We are looking for a self-starter with strategic thinking to foster our engagement with this large community as well as with a dedicated group of volunteers within the community. The role requires collaboration with others working on content, developer relations, operations, product, and technology.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage a team of 2-3 members to create and oversee programs to educate, engage, and excite the Pi community as well as nurture a sense of trust and belongingness
- Design and implement community management structure and practices to facilitate the community’s own ability to organize, scale, and grow
- Design and organize community events; identify opportunities to craft fun and unique community experiences, including by encouraging and supporting community-led initiatives
- Brainstorm and implement ideas for engagement with community volunteers on Discord, who are among the most active and enthusiastic community members
- Set up mechanisms to identify, recruit, onboard, and champion new volunteers, enabling them to contribute to the community and project in diverse ways
- Monitor community feedback and provide summary reports – be the eyes and the ears of the community and the gauge for community sentiment
- Address daily community escalations and questions by empowering the volunteers with necessary information to help effectively guide community members
- Manage and improve support ticket system for bug reporting, feature request, and general feedback from the community
- Identify specific needs for knowledge base for community members and lead its creation and ongoing management; assist Content Team with various other content ideas
- Develop a keen understanding of the Pi project and roadmap and its 35+ million community; engage with Product and Tech teams representing interests of the Pi community
- 2+ years of experience in community management, including successfully managing a team to deliver outstanding results in a fast-paced environment
- 3 key skills: (1) organizational, (2) analytical, and (3) written communication
- Strength in critical thinking and reasoned judgment
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects with different deliverables and deadlines
- Excels at putting structure and insights on ambiguity and enables teammates to effectively function in a “messy” environment
- Passionate about building community and connecting people to achieve stellar outcomes
- Eager and able to develop a thorough understanding of various products
- Has an impeccable attention to detail and a keen eye on identifying, documenting, and improving processes
- A self-starter who can identify dependencies with other team members and work cross-functionally
- Thrives in an iterative startup work culture involving rapid implementation of ideas and continual improvements
- Native or fluent English speaker
- Remote work from anywhere. However, work hours must at least partially overlap with the United States West Coast work hours
- Experience working with crypto companies or engaging with the crypto audience
- Fluency in languages other than English