Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
As the leader of the newly formed Community Lifecycle team, you’ll deeply partner with the GTM team (PMM/GTC) and Localization to deliver compelling strategies that engage, activate and retain Reddit audiences, specifically focused on helping users find their place on Reddit. You’ll ideate, concept, prepare and deliver the strategy and build the team responsible for Reddit’s community marketing goals.
You will be responsible for the development and execution of end-to-end strategy, digital and experiential touchpoints that inspire both on and off-platform Reddit audiences with additional value in their Reddit experience. Working closely with XFN partners across Community, Product, Comms, Marketing, Design, you will ultimately be responsible for delivering high-impact community-driven led strategies that foster more thriving communities (and users) on Reddit.
- Together with your team, create strategic initiatives for each stage of the customer journey, including activation, engagement and retention.
- Strategically manage and activate around all surfaces and channels.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders from Product, Marketing and Community Success to build scalable growth strategies for Communities on Reddit.
- Lead and empower the sub-teams responsible for managing different parts of the customer journey (you will lead a team of 3-5 individuals)
- Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders to ensure lifecycle initiatives are community-sound and successful and are aligned with the goals of rest of the business.
- Ensure all events, communications, product updates/launches and resources are accurate and relevant to Reddit’s community personas
- Continually improve community engagement with data-driven decisions, bring insights to the team and throughout the Reddit organization about what it takes to grow community adoption on Reddit.
- Articulate impact, align team around unified vision and charter, and ensure high capacity, groundbreaking work is the norm.
- Proven, autonomously-driven leadership impact with escalating responsibility in a marketing or community marketing function.
- You have worked in a large B2C platform and have a passion for community-led strategy.
- You are a builder with an ops mindset, and possess a deep understanding of the intersection between art and science as it relates to marketing/product/community.
- Systems thinker that can build 0 to 1.
- Experience with infrastructure buildout. You’ve owned a strategy and built future-facing teams that deliver, with the impact metrics to back it up.
- You deeply understand and identify with Reddit and Redditors, and are eager to uncover insights and unlock remarkable and scalable initiatives.
- Build, execute, measure, and optimize Community Lifecycle strategy, including standing up function including events, trends/insights and beyond.
- Build and lead a high-performing, creative and operationally efficient team.
- You know how to segment the audience and work back from a high level vision to achieve results.
- Leverage data insights and analysis to enhance strategy that accelerates Subreddit discovery and growth
- Own Community Lifecycle end-to-end.
- Experience across Lifecycle disciplines, including but not limited to events, editorial, trends/insights, channel strategy, community engagement and beyond.
Of the following 4 pieces, deep in 1-2, exposure to the rest;
- Significant expertise/exposure to UGC community-led growth
- Growth PM mindset (i.e., focuses on scalable growth, data-obsessed)
- Storytelling/Content strategy and sophistication in execution
- Execution-bias, “do what it takes” mentality
In this role, you can expect to:
- Build and lead the Community Lifecycle function that is the connective tissue between Product/Content, Channels, Marketing/Comms, and Community.
- Drive increased simplicity, subreddit love, and belonging on Reddit.
- Ideate, concept and deliver experiments with clear articulation of Community impact.
- Develop and integrate the Community Lifecycle Marketing Strategy Roadmap as a key Community and cross-functional leader on the team.
- Ensure seamless community integration for all campaigns and initiatives.
- Take a data-driven approach to campaign strategy focusing investments on the most impactful outcomes and key metrics
- Contribute significantly to the evolving community-led growth playbook at Reddit. Partner with GTM on the Community Marketing build-out and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain operationalized systems for growth.
- Architect the systems required for community growth at Reddit.
- Develop and iterate on a clear and consistent user-first community narrative with every campaign to ensure increased momentum, ease of use and enhanced user understanding.
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $198,200 - $297,300