Glide's mission is to put the power, beauty, and magic of software development into the hands of a billion new creators. Software is humanity's greatest tool, but less than 1% of people can code.We're building delightful tools to empower the next billion people to create amazing software for work, for life, and everything in between. And we need your help!
We’re looking for a Community Manager to help us put the power of software development into the hands of the next billion creators. You’ll join an early-stage Marketing team to help take our existing community of passionate users to the next level.
You will contribute to our ecosystem & community strategy while supporting day-to-day community operations. You’ll be the go-between for our members and internal stakeholders, building trust & relationships through your energetic, always-on community presence.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, cross-functional community advocate with 2+ years of experience in B2B SaaS community management.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product, partners, users, and ecosystem
- Report to our Ecosystem & Community lead
- Work with the Ecosystem & Community lead to create an integrated community strategy
- Plan and run weekly activities that put the community strategy into action
- Supporting day-to-day community operations and administration
- Monitor, moderate, and participate in the community on a daily basis
- Report on community sentiment, issues, feedback, and agreed KPIs
This job might be perfect for you if...
- You’re passionate about Glide, no-code/low-code tools, and tech in general
- You have community management experience with B2B SaaS startups
- You’re biased towards action and taking initiative
- You can comfortably manage multiple ongoing projects
- You’re a stellar communicator with high-energy people skills
- You’re a collaborative team player, but equally comfortable when flying solo
- You chase constant improvement through rapid experimentation and iteration
- You’re hungry for new challenges and responsibility
Definitely mention if you have...
- A love of Glide and are hungry to keep improving your skills
- A Glide project that you’ve created and want to show off
- Experience building with no-code tools and workflow automation
- Experience with producing videos & livestreams
- Experience with Discourse, PartnerStack, Common Room, HubSpot, or Google Analytics
- Technical or programming skills (not required)