PlayPlay is the video creation platform that enables marketing and communication teams to turn their messages into memorable videos.
Whether you need to promote an event, share company news, or boost talent acquisition, video is the most impactful way to do it. Yes, video not only gets your message across, but also ensures it’s understood - and therefore remembered. Everyone in an organization should have this power, even those without technical skills.
With a simple-to-use platform that guarantees high-quality video output, PlayPlay is the solution for companies that want to make their communication more impactful. Moreover, PlayPlay empowers teams to create videos end to end, collaboratively and efficiently. And they can even have fun doing it.
That’s why 2500+ large and mid-sized companies across 15 countries already use PlayPlay to get closer to their communities, be it customers, employees, or partners. One unforgettable video at a time.
📍Location: Remote Paris, France.
Since 2017, PlayPlay has been growing exponentially:
- 2500+ large and mid-sized companies across the globe (including two-thirds of the CAC40)
- 230+ employees in Paris, New York and Berlin;
- 65 M$ raised (series A and B);
- Member of the French Tech 120 and recently ranked #26 in the Top100 rising B2B Scale-up in Europe by Sifted!
PlayPlay is the company for you if you want to:
🌱 Join a hyper-growth scale-up that allows you to invest in multiple projects and benefit from rapid evolution opportunities
🚀 Work on a product loved by our customers (68+ NPS) and in constant improvement
🤝 Learn from great colleagues in a positive work environment that thrives on ambition, drive, humility, transparency, and teamwork (our 4.6/5 rating on Glassdoor is proof of that!)
🎉 Enjoy activities organized by the Happiness team (Music Quizzes, concerts, seminars, etc.)
💻 Work in a hybrid model remote/office and have additional four weeks of full-remote per year (overseas is allowed in any country with a time difference of 3 hours or less)
We are backed by investors such as Insight Partners (HubSpot, Twitter), Balderton (Revolut, Aircall) and Point9 (Loom, Zendesk) who are helping us become the global leader in video creation. And to achieve this, we are looking for the best talent in the market!
ABOUT THE ROLE
PlayPlay has a team of 4 experienced product designers with different and complementary skill-sets in user research, prototyping, UI design. The team’s role is to make sure we’ll solve the right problems and find the best solutions to the company’s challenges and our user’s needs.
Designers are part of both their product team and the product design team. They work closely with product managers in order to define their team’s roadmap and conduct most of the user research missions.
As a design leader, you’ll be responsible for growing our design culture, influence our product strategy and be the main advocate of our design centric approach at PlayPlay.
As a design manager, you’ll develop your reports and have a multiplier effect on their outcomes.
You’ll report to Pauline Marol, VP of Product.
Design vision and strategy :
- Define the strategy and roadmap with product and tech leaders in line with the group's strategy and objectives
- Shape a Product Design vision: challenge, reshape and evangelize our design vision ; define a strategy to build it
- Scale design process and practices: work with the team to keep evolving and spreading our design methodological toolkit, help us build and mature our design system
- Design the org for high-quality execution: frame and oversee all our product design efforts, help the product organization to surpass their objectives, ensure we have the right mix of skills on the team, set the standards for design velocity and deliver high-quality products
- Mentor and coach: develop experienced designers in their career, help them perform at their best
- Build the team: work with the team to attract, recruit and retain the best talent
Design culture :
- Create a strong Design culture: nurture a safe environment where feedback are honest, kind and constructive ; create a mutual aid and lean culture allowing the team to create value in a short period of time
- Collaborate with the Brand & Motion teams to define our unified design culture and demonstrate it every day through your actionsBe the voice of PlayPlay in the design community, actively participate in slack groups, meetups, podcasts, etc.
- Play an active role to develop our Design System strategy and work internally on alignment and evangelism around Design System
- Pair design with your team when necessary to support the launch of our new features and the international development of our apps
- Contribute as a designer on specific strategic projects, when needs arise
- Impact business goals through effective and efficient development of design solutions
- You have an extensive design (8+ years) and management experience in a fast-growing environment with multiple empowered teams
- You have proven leadership capabilities with the ability to motivate and inspire people to grow and succeed
- You have a track-record of outstanding product launches and team scaling
- You contributed to using design as a strategic asset for your previous employers. You communicate with clarity, humility, and precision both in French and English
ABOUT YOU ❤️
- You have a creative eye, good imagination, and vision.
- You have a user-centered approach to designing software fo*r people.*
WHAT WE OFFER 🚀
- An opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up!
- A unique user centric working environment
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our product strategy, to create your design organization and to infuse a design culture in an amazing start-up
- The ability to work on a truly creative product that our users love (our February NPS was 70!)
- The ability to work and grow among an incredible team
- A prime location in the Sentier (Paris city center)
If you want to learn more about us ❤️
- Meet the product team here
OUR VALUES 🤩
Creative: We don’t like to take ourselves too seriously — and we take this very seriously! Having fun and expressing our creativity is essential to what we do. We’re proud to do things differently at PlayPlay, where everyone gets the chance to innovate, craft, and make it happen.
User-first: Our customers are at the ❤️ of everything we do because a product is nothing without its users. So, we listen. We improve the platform. We listen again. And while we build the software, we build relationships — all with a personal PlayPlay touch.
United: At PlayPlay, there are no egos. We’re motivated by what we can achieve together. Cross-team projects are our specialty and we support each other at every opportunity. With mutual respect, honest communication, and transparency, we come together to share our expertise and achieve our collective goals.
Ambitious: Yes, we’re humble as individuals. But together, we’re dreaming big. We’re not afraid to go fast and take risks: if Plan A doesn’t work, we go to Plan B, and so on.
Committed: We each take ownership of our subjects and put our personalities into our work. As a group of passionate individuals, PlayPlayers are prepared to give it all for the team. We expect the best from each other, but first, we expect the best from ourselves.