At Luminovo, we are solving a big problem in an even bigger industry: automating collaboration in the electronics industry.
Our software brings innovations faster to everyone by reducing the time and resources needed to go from an idea to a market-ready electronic product. Read more about why this is exciting here!
So far, 120+ active customers and 35+ product partners in Europe and the US are working with us towards the same goal. 💡
To fuel our strong growth and continuous, we have raised a total of €13.5 million, from our investors Chalfen Ventures, Tencent, Verve Ventures, Cherry Ventures and La Famiglia VC. 💰
We are a mix of product enthusiasts, people advocates, business masterminds, and engineering experts. Our current team not only includes graduates from institutions such as Stanford University, University of Cambridge, ETH Zurich, WHU, TUM, and CDTM, but also motivated individuals with rather unconventional CVs who are burning for what they do.
We are a remote-first company headquartered in Munich. Our brilliant team is spread across London, Valencia, Nairobi, and Verona. 🌍
Our software suite is built to solve engineering and procurement issues in the trillion-dollar electronics industry. To support our growth, we are looking for a Digital Product Designer for the team Manufacturing & Quotations. Together with the Product Manager and Product Engineer, you will act as the shaping trio for this team, driving the development of new and existing features.
- To understand what we do, you probably want to check out our (brand new) website, plus two of our blog posts (here and here).
- We have four cross-functional product teams, each consisting of one Product Manager, one Product Designer, and four to five Engineers. Every team owns one part of our domain and product end-to-end. And you can be part of one of them.
- With Alessio you’ll have a fantastic mentor to guide you along your career path as a digital product designer.
- You will learn and benefit from many best practices our product teams have already established. But there’s always room to grow, and your contribution can still have an immense impact on Luminovo‘s trajectory.
🚀 Your role
Please take a look at this RFC we wrote on the role of product designer at Luminovo. This is straight from our internal documentation, so you’ll already get a feeling for how we communicate internally.
🤓 Whom you’ll be working with
- Alessio, your manager
- Andi, Abhik, Chris and Toks, our Engineers on team Manufacturing
- Franz, our Product Manager on team Manufacturing
- Timon, one of our Founders, leading the whole Product & Engineering team
⚡ Skills, knowledge, and expertise
Just so you know – we purposefully did not create a standard list of minimum qualifications for this role. We care much more about your motivation and ability to help us accelerate technical progress than we care just about your CV. If you're interested to find out more about why we banned requirements from our performance profiles – see here.
🤝 What we promise
- 🧠 We greatly value psychological safety and honest feedback. We always expect you to speak up and share your ideas about what we can improve within the company, and take these views to heart.
- 💬 We do routine 1:1's with your supervisor, retrospectives, and insight hours to make sure we are constantly getting better at what we do, all while fostering employee mental health and wellbeing.
- 💡 Personal development is something strongly encouraged by Luminovo, so there are no fixed budgets when it comes to things that will further your personal growth (education, trainings etc.), just ask and we usually say yes!
- 🤸 We offer a flexible working environment, we appreciate everyone's time and preferred ideal setup in terms of working hours.
- 🌍 We offer fully remote working (our only requirement for remote working is that you are within +/-2 hours of CET). Our Luminerds work from Amsterdam, Nairobi, Verona, Berlin, Cologne, Munich, …
- 👶 When it comes to our take on parent support, Luminovo happily contributes to the childcare costs of Luminerds.
- 💸 We're excited to revolutionize the electronics industry – and we want you to be too. That's why all full-time Luminerds receive strong and fair stock option packages. We also support you in finding your perfect (remote) set-up.
We want to offer compensation that aligns with industry standards. To maintain a transparent and fair approach to compensation, the salary ranges for all positions are determined based on market benchmarks and a comprehensive leveling framework.
For this role, German salary ranges from €48,900 to €65,700 + virtual stock options, depending on the leveling we’ll establish with you throughout the hiring process. This range might differ in other countries within our +/- 2h time zone remote work area.