About TLM Partners
Created by Monsters. Built for gamers.™
Truly Likeable Monsters (TLM), is a world-class video game company focused on development for some of the biggest games in the industry. Our mission is to break down barriers in the video game industry and make game tech available to all game developers regardless of size.
We are looking for good humans with incredible talent to make great games.
As a Senior Technical Animator, you will join the Animation Team to support the animation workflow including the creation, integration and optimization of content.
- 100% Remote position & other cool benefits
- Working with an international team on AA or AAA games in an Unreal Studio.
- Reports to: Animation Director
- You’ll not only be creating complex rigs and tools to enable our animators but also creating, optimizing and maintaining animation systems in the engine
- You will be responsible for milestone deliverables that are both visually impactful and data efficient - as a senior, you take the initiative to not just maintain but also improve upon
- With your teammates, you will be an integral part of establishing and refining Tech Ani workflows and assets for both rigs and systems
- Ideate across the aisle with Animators, Artists, Designers and Engineers
- Documentation is a key part of success - for you and others around you! We use tools like - Confluence, JIRA and Perforce to help with that
- Learning is one of our core values! At TLM, you’ll mentor others within your team and/or across departments
- 5+ years experience in technical animation for games
- 1 successful AAA games as a Senior Technical Animator within the last 3 years
- High level in rigging and skinning capabilities (Knowledge of human & animal anatomy a plus)
- A guru in 3D Animation Tools creation (Maya, Motionbuilder and/or 3D Studio Max)
- Comfortable with Unreal Engine animation systems and Blueprints
- Knowledge of Python, PyMel and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with creating cloth and hair physics systems
- Familiar with rigging complex characters and objects
- Strong math skills: 3D math, dot arithmetic and working knowledge of analytic geometry
- Working knowledge of OpenSource tools such as Blender
- A sense of humor - not required but it makes the work day go by faster
Your portfolio should illustrate clear technical animation principles, rigs logic and functionalities as well as some examples of awesome tools that enable animators to create and iterate quickly. Show us what you got! Our Hiring Manager is specifically requesting that you demonstrate your skillset(s) in creating Tech Animation Tools in DCC and in UE4. Friendly Reminder: please make sure your resume includes a password if you have one!