Decent (YC W22) enables fans to build their own record label by purchasing royalty-backed NFTs. We're building relationships between musicians and their fans that extend beyond patronage. We put artists and fans on the same team to enable new forms of funding, marketing, and discovery within the music industry. The same way that platforms like Spotify democratized distribution and global audiences for musicians, Decent will democratize monetization.
The founding team is composed of Princeton & Brown graduates with deep experience in music, media, and crypto. We’re also supported by advisors including but not limited to: a founding engineer at Uniswap, Lava Records, Circle, and Palm Tree Crew (Kygo's record label).
With over 15 artists released so far, and hundreds of artists on our waiting list, we can't wait to rewrite the economy of music.
About the role
- Shape the vision for Decent's UI UX
- Design flows and experiences that simplify and distill down complex actions into usable interfaces that can be implemented by the engineering team
- Conduct and analyze results from user testing to translate it into experience design
- Design new experiences or layouts that evolve and define visual systems
- Support all aspects of design and Decent's product direction, focusing on innovation and quality
- Provide UX design support
You are right for this role if you...
- Are self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and passionate about the web3 x music space
- 2+ years of product design experience
- Have an eye for aesthetics and the ability to transform complex interfaces into a strong user experiences
- You love to dig into user problems to deliver simple, scalable ,and measurable solutions in an efficient way
- Expertise in Figma or a similar design tool
Decent is a leading music NFT marketplace backed by premier crypto and music venture firms. The team is excited to onboard first hires as passionate and driven as themselves to help change the power dynamic of an entire industry. Decent offers wellness benefits, as well as competitive salary and equity. All types of people, ways of working, and backgrounds are accepted and celebrated at Decent. Come join us to decentralize culture and empower those at the center of the music industry - artists and fans.