Anthropic is an AI safety and research company that’s working to build reliable, interpretable, and steerable AI systems. We want AI to be safe and beneficial for our customers and for society as a whole. Our interdisciplinary team has experience across ML, physics, policy, business and product.
Anthropic seeks an experienced Front End Developer to help bring our brand narrative, paradigm-shifting products, and foundational research to life through building intuitive and responsive digital experiences. In this role, you’ll transform visual designs and prototypes into performant, accessible web interfaces using modern front-end frameworks.
Reporting to the Brand Creative Director, you’ll partner with other designers, marketing and comms, researchers, and product managers to implement compelling web and mobile applications that clearly and creatively communicate our vision of transformative AI to the world. You’ll own the development of our public facing surface Anthropic.com, as well as other opportunities to leverage the web for storytelling through microsites, event branding, and internal tools and communications.
- Own the development of Anthropic.com—continue to uplevel our web surfaces to showcase our research and products in the best way digitally
- Continue to refine our content publishing workflows and expand the capabilities of our CMS for authors and creators across the organization
- Develop tracking resources and metrics that optimize the site’s performance
- Build and evolve our tools that focus on internal communications
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 6+ years of experience as a front end engineer, prototyper, product designer or UX
- Design driven development—you have a keen aesthetic eye and attention to detail. You also understand usability through design, and advocate for clear and engaging interactive experiences
- Experience with up to date programming languages and modern ways to build secure web experiences
- Web animation and prototyping—ability to create interesting and delightful web animations that add a level of craftsmanship to our site, or communicate our research and data in a compelling way
- Good cross-functional collaboration skills—working not only with design and engineering, but with broader teams like research, comms & marketing, policy, legal, etc. to optimize the site for the various audiences and use cases.
- The expected salary range for this position is $170k - $300k.