We’re on a mission to make knowledge work faster and more humane. We believe that AI will fundamentally transform how people work. In the future, everyone will work in tandem with expert AI assistants who find knowledge, create and synthesize information, and execute work. These assistants will free people up to focus on the higher-level, creative aspects of their work.
We’re building a system of intelligence for every company in the world. On the surface, you can think of it as Google + ChatGPT for the enterprise. Under the hood, our platform is the connective tissue between AI and knowledge. It brings all of a company’s knowledge together, understands it at a deep level, provides industry-leading search relevance over it, and connects it to generative AI agents and applications.
Glean was founded by a seasoned team of former Google search and Facebook engineers who saw a need in the enterprise space for their technical depth and passion for AI. We’re a diverse team of curious and creative people who want to help each other get big things done—so we can help other teams do the same.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists—including Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Lightspeed, and General Catalyst—and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Slack, Facebook, Dropbox, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, and others.
Glean is looking for an experienced Product Designer to help define the future of work. You’ll collaborate closely with PMs, engineers, customer success advocates, and marketers, to ship category-defining product that’s used daily by customers to do their work. As a Product Designer, you’ll be joining an experienced, tight-knit, and collaborative group of folks who love combining research, data, intuition, and best practices into a user-centered design process. You’ll have an outsized impact on the product, used across hundreds of companies across many different industries, and an incredible opportunity to shape the system of intelligence for every company in the world.
What you will do and achieve
- Own and drive the complete product design lifecycle of major features from end to end, doing user research or partnering with others to understand customer needs and translating those insights into products and features that solve real problems for knowledge workers in organizations.
- Prototype ideas quickly to assess viability, design detailed flows and interactions to turn your features into a reality, and partner closely with engineers to build, iterate on, and ship those ideas.
- Produce whatever artifacts are needed - specs, sketches, wireframes, mocks, prototypes, etc. to take UI ideas into production.
- Contribute to Glean’s design system and component library
- Contribute to design team processes and share work regularly with designers, cross-functional teams, leadership, and the company
- Uphold high standards for design and product quality.
- Partner with product managers to shape roadmaps.
Who you are
- 2+ years prior generalist product design experience in an organization that has shipped software to users, working closely with product, engineering, and product marketing teammates to develop strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience designing for B2B product with focus on problems such as workflows and setup.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups and interactive prototypes of your solutions in design tools like Figma.
- Ability to understand technical concepts (bonus if you have working knowledge of code, APIs, databases)
- Experience collaborating with different disciplines and incorporating feedback into your work.
- Strong written, verbal, and storytelling skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your designs.
- Thrive in ambiguity and can independently prioritize work based on user needs and business goals, and take responsibility to drive product ideas forward
- Ability to think systematically about problems given tradeoffs and constraints, and go deep on details through continual rapid iteration.
- A learning and growth mindset with an ability to self-start on problems, a willingness to own problems, and a desire to make things better.
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Transparent culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company events
- Free meals
For California based applicants:
The standard base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $185,000 annually. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation, equity, and benefits.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse company. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.