Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we empower people to build a life beyond their next paycheck, building a beloved AI that enables you to forge your own path toward financial well-being.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached millions of people to support them throughout their financial lives, from their first paycheck to their first home and beyond. We're hitting headlines too. This year, Forbes named us as one of their Next Billion Dollar Startups, and we were crowned the 'Hottest Tech Scaleup' at the Europas.
We're looking for a Lead Visual Designer to join our growing team.
You’ll be joining a new design-led, cross-functional Creative Studio focused on elevating our existing brand and developing and enforcing the use of best design practices for the team and wider organization. This work is crucial in defining and differentiating Cleo as an AI and finance-focused app, as well as delivering a consistent user experience across all touch points during this exciting phase of growth.
About our new Creative Studio
As a fast growing company in a new category (AI), we're always moving through uncharted territory. Every day brings a new creative challenge. To help us move quicker and take our work to the next level, we’re launching the Cleo Creative Studio– an in-house agency that supports the entire business, from Marketing to Engineering. It’s going to be great.
What you’ll be doing
- Communicate and work cross functionally, building relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Lead the development and execution of creative materials from briefing through concepting, executing, and production, with guidance from the [creative director/head of brand design].
- Manage and mentor more junior designers
- Ensure design consistency and excellence across a variety of deliverables including paid ads, social media, in-app messages, email, web pages, event design, etc.
- Ensure the delivery of visually stunning and effective design assets that resonate with Cleo's target audience
What We Look For In You:
- Work closely with the brand agency to convey Cleo's unique positioning, values, and personality, guiding them through the process of translating these into a refreshed visual identity.
- Establish processes for brand governance, overseeing the implementation of brand guidelines across all design outputs. Document the brand refresh process, capturing key decisions, rationale, and guidelines for future reference.Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions within the internal design team and other relevant departments to ensure a seamless integration of the refreshed visual identity into ongoing projects.
- Streamline production processes for efficiency
- Develop and maintain a fully integrated visual marketing strategy within the marketing team (Content, Social Media, PR, Local Marketing, Product and Digital Media)
- Help define and evolve brand guidelines and asset requirements
- Help develop, maintain and disseminate asset libraries
Team And Relationship Management
- Foster a positive and innovative team culture
- Support team development and mentorship
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams
- Manage third-party agencies and freelancers when necessary
Skills, Knowledge, & Experience
- 8+ years design experience
- Experience as a design generalist and providing direction and support across different creative fields such as motion design, branding, social media design, event design, etc.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your strategic, conceptual, and design skills through visually-compelling work.
- Mastery of design tools: Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop (After Effects is a plus)
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Mastery of composition, typography, color, and imagery
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Passion for branding, animation, and design
Nice to Haves
- Video and/or motion experience
- 3D experience
- Copywriting experience
- Fintech background
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with reviews every 6 months. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/teams/marketing-growth-ayplvbek4rzw - This position is a MD4 level and we can pay $99180 to $119553 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We work to live, we don’t live to work. Cleo works with everyone on our team to ensure that they have the balance they need to reach their full potential.
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. Our US team works fully remotely, but we host virtual socials and an annual company offsite in Europe with all expenses paid.
- Other benefits;
- 15 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Company-wide performance reviews every 8 months e.g every 2 terms, in line with our termly cycles (Jan-April, May-Aug, Sept-Dec):
- Generous pay increases for high-performers and high-growth team members
- Equity top-ups for team members getting promoted
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 401k matching
- Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision care
- Generous Parental Leave
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- We'll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- Online mental health support via Spill
- And many more!