At Speckle, we are open source at heart, driven by the mission to make the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, and Construction) industry better. Our groundbreaking technology enables architects, engineers, and designers to collaborate seamlessly, connecting and exchanging data across all stages of a project's digital delivery. We’re innovating across all stages of a project’s digital delivery by empowering anyone to access, share, and process their creations without boundaries. Speckle is the driving force towards an open ecosystem and a better-built environment.
We are seeking an experienced Product Designer to be a key contributor in bringing our SaaS offering from its adolescent stage into a mature and easy to use platform. Speckle is already loved by a large community, but we still have a ton of work to do to make working with 3D data more efficient and approachable to anyone. Excellent design and UX are at the center of this.
- The Speckle team is fully remote, mostly based in Europe, currently 21 employees and growing. We embrace the unique opportunities that come with working in a distributed team, valuing flexibility, inclusivity, and open-mindedness. We get together at company retreats multiple times a year to have fun and bond.
- The Product & Engineering team is split into two: One team focused on our 25+ connectors, another team focused on the web platform. The web platform is where users go to manage their projects and 3D models, collaborate in the browser-based 3D viewer, set up and run automations, and learn through our docs, community hub and marketing site. Your main focus will be the web platform.
- The web team is currently made up of another designer, six engineers, a product lead, and our CEO. We also work very closely with the talented community team and essentially everyone else (working at Speckle is very collaborative). The team is small and you will have a massive impact both internally and on the industry.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design a product that the community loves to use every day. Speckle is a work tool so it has to be intuitive, efficient, and joyful.
- See product development through from beginning to end. You will have a part to play in the whole process from research, through to ideation, iteration, testing, and refinement. If you can code you can take part in the implementation too.
- Help come up with features and improvements that ship quickly and with high quality.
- Take part in user research by joining calls with excited community members.
- Contribute to our visual language and design system to ensure a consistent and beautiful user experience.
- Help establish an amazing design culture and process within the company.
- You have several years of experience creating clear, intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces.
- You are passionate, self-driven and care about the little big details.
- You value input from anyone and are comfortable sharing your work early and often – critique and collaboration elevate quality.
- You value working in a fast-paced iterative environment.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- You can work autonomously in a fast-paced and remote environment.
- You are a designer who can code.
- You have strong graphical/brand skills.
- You have a passion for the AEC industry.
- You have experience with 3D software.
- You have built great things with a small team.
- We are fully remote, you are able to work from anywhere
- You will receive 30 days of paid leave & additional time off at years’ end
- You will receive an annual budget of 2k GBP to spend on L&D, Health & Self-care and anything to create your ultimate working environment for yourself
- You will receive an annual personal development budget of 2k GBP for learning and development, health, and self-care.
- We will bring you on unique and exciting company retreats twice a year
- IRL-Grant: We cover any travel, and accommodation expenses in case you would like to visit and work with any of your co-workers
- You will receive a budget for your hardware of choice
- Participate in our success through attractive stock options.
- Join our daily rituals, there's a rotating chairperson-ship that has full control over the proceedings
- Contribute to open source and interact with a diverse and vibrant community.