At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 57 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on our company page.
You are obsessively customer-centric, with a track record of modeling and driving team-level product quality. You thrive at bringing diverse groups of people together to accomplish challenging and meaningful work that delivers outcomes. Your career path has led you to collaborate repeatedly with marketing, research, product and engineering teams in bringing brands to life across product. Product innovation and discovery are your inspiration. Clear, compelling, emotionally resonant experiences are your legacy. As a designer, you have led every aspect of product development; you are instrumental in establishing vision and milestones, astute in corralling systems and processes to deliver product excellence, and single-minded in maintaining a clear path and positive momentum for the work you oversee.
About this role
As our Principal Growth Designer, you will lead our UX strategy and execution for Udemy's global consumer and B2B learning products. You will help communicate the value of Udemy’s learning platform to new customers, make it easy for tech professionals to dive right into learning, and help Learning & Development professionals find the right learning products for their teams.
Udemy’s unique blended model is powered by the synergy between our global D2C marketplace and our B2B business, and substantial design leadership experience in (one or more of) the Ecommerce, B2B and Subscriptions spaces is essential.
Udemy was a first mover in the creator economy, and our success is rooted in our ability to transfer knowledge effectively and authentically between our expert practitioner instructors and our learners. Leveraging the latest advances in ML and learning science, we are constantly developing new ways to deliver learning outcomes. You will help frame and present these new offerings to our learners, business partners, and instructors around the world.
What you'll be doing:
- Seek qualitative and quantitative data to inform hypothesis about how to improve the positioning of Udemy’s platform offering across the user experience and the customer lifecycle
- Collaborate with cross-functional leads to set vision, define and prioritize and shepherd a variety of projects in your problem-space.
- Facilitate strategic decisions and alignment through workshops and other ideation methods
- Be a hands-on driver of the design process, taking solutions through multiple iterations and rounds of feedback with your team, stakeholders, the design group and the potential users, and coaching other designers on your team around best practices, through 1-1 sessions.
- Validate solutions through research and customer feedback, evaluate and understand the impact, gaps and opportunities to improve.
What you'll have:
- 10+ years of Product design / UX design experience.
- A portfolio of end-to-end product design work that showcases your involvement, from research and discovery to visual design and engineering implementation support, and demonstrates your ability to ship products that users love.
- Experience leading cross-functional strategy across product pods and product areas.
- Demonstrated success leading important initiatives around design standards, systems and processes
- 3+ years’ continuous experience mentoring, championing, and actively aiding the career growth of your fellow designers
We look for designers who are:
- An ambassador for design who brings diverse stakeholders together to align and work together to solve problems
- You set the vision and help define measurable milestones
- Able to bring together stakeholders and gather actionable input
- You are a steward of the design process, ensuring that you and your fellow designers are consciously selecting the best tools and methodology to drive key learnings and behaviours
- You demonstrate expertise in your product area through mastery of best practices and knowledge of the competitive landscape
- You have mastery of hierarchy, white space, typography, composition, and demonstrate a refined aesthetic sensibility in your visual design work