At Improbable, we believe that the next revolution in entertainment and society will come from massive virtual worlds. They will create new economies and opportunities globally, changing not just how we play, but how we work and relate to each other. That’s why we’ve made it our mission to build the next generation of technologies for online multi-user games and simulations. As part of that, we are launching a series of ground breaking titles to players around the world.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
We are actively recruiting a Game Designer to help MPG deliver design support to our R&D team. You will work alongside production, art, design, QA and engineering teams in helping to deliver the best multiplayer experience in the world.
You are a Game Designer with an arsenal of direct experience to call upon. You could be considered a Generalist, being experienced in multiple areas of game & level design development. You have a desire to explore and experiment in your craft, with a can-do attitude towards problem solving. You can operate independently on projects and demonstrate the full capabilities of your craft, understanding the technical as well as creative challenges. You’re happy to work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on concepts and prototypes of new game ideas, through to mid-development
- Working with multidisciplinary teams across engineering, art, design, QA and production
- Helping solve creative and technical challenges across a variety of projects
- Identifying and logging tasks, tracking and reporting on progress
- Maintaining high quality standards and process: workflows, tests, documentation, approvals
- Attending stand-ups, craft meetings, deep-dives, reviews, show and tells, etc
What we’ll need from you:
- Experience using Unreal Engine
- Experience of prototyping gameplay mechanics
- Solid design development experience in the games industry
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend design documentation
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
What would help:
- Experience in a generalist role, working across level design and UI design
- Experience working with cross-discipline teams
- Experience using Unity is a bonus