Parallax is an early stage, VC-backed startup bringing the benefits of crypto to b2b payments. We’re backed by an amazing suite of fintech & crypto investors, led by Dragonfly Capital.
Our mission is unlock the power of crypto for all businesses. We believe that crypto is a superior form of money movement. It's faster, cheaper, and more convenient -- especially for international transfers, where the alternative is a wire that has a hefty fee, takes forever, and may or may not get lost on the way.
We’re building the infrastructure to make crypto the ubiquitous form of business money movement. Our first product makes crypto b2b payments dead simple from communicating the need for a payment, all the way down to accounting, so businesses can get back to doing what they do best.
Where we are now:
- We have an MVP in private beta. We’ve processed over 6 figures worth of payments in the last month.
- We have LOIs + active design partnerships with some major web3 players and are working hard to build everything needed to get them onboarded.
- We have a fantastic set of investors & angels in fintech & crypto, with healthy runway.
We're looking for a kind and ambitious designer to craft the best user experiences for Parallax's product, make key decisions in design and hiring and help shape our culture, as a founding team member.
What you’ll bring
- Simple, welcoming & elegant user experiences. Fintech can get complicated and crypto is in its early UX innings — presenting exciting design challenges to work through. We care about building a product with a delightful user experience to onboard the next wave of businesses & unlock the power of crypto.
- Healthy customer obsession. We want designers who are eager to (& proactively crave) solving the right problems reflecting real user outcomes, not just pushing pixels for the sake of it.
- Own our product from 0 → N. You’ll incorporate our brand (currently being crafted with a team), build our design systems, create marketing materials, and establish our product from the ground up. Evidence of web3 projects OR fintech projects in portfolio preferred.
- At least 4+ years of professional design experience. We’re not going to nitpick over the number of years, but we expect to bring on a senior designer to transform novel ideas into simple, elegant designs for business users, fast. Experience in web3, b2b and/or fintech preferred.
- Love of learning and autonomy. We’re an early stage company so there will be chaos despite our best efforts. We expect you’ll be able to work effectively despite minimal direction, get excited about all the big and little things to get a product to market, and desire to pick things up along the way, whether that’s a new design tool, or details of a customer payment workflow.
- Generalist. You’re a generalist and might wear the hats of a UX/Product Designer, Chief Creative Officer, Webflow Guru, Copywriter, Graphic Designer, Design Consultant, Brand Expert, Marketer-in-Residence, User Researcher and more.
- Strategic, systems thinker. The best designers care about how the larger picture and everything “adjacent to design” ultimately impacts design. We expect designers who care about what to build as much as what not to build, can think about how one part affects the whole, & are excited about sharing inputs & shaping the strategy or roadmap of the company and product.
- Clear and open communication. Communication will be key to the success of any employee in the company. We care about working in a collaborative environment where people show their work early and often. We expect strong understanding of tools to relay designs in the right formats (Figma, Webflow, prototypes, design systems, interactive designs) and the ability to communicate designs across stakeholders, especially with engineers.
- Thoughtfulness & enthusiasm in company, team & culture building. We believe that culture is a product of everyone on the team, and as an early hire you will have an outsized impact on the way it develops. You’ll also get a big say in who gets to join the rest of the team. We're looking for people who want to shape a successful culture & company where everyone can do their best work
- Competitive salary + equity compensation.
- 100% coverage of benefits (health, dental, and vision) in the US.
- Flexible hours and a remote-first environment.
- Company-provided laptop and stipend for any additional equipment for your ideal remote setup: headphones, keyboard, etc.
- Unlimited PTO policy with 11 US company holidays.
- Week-long in-person team gatherings held twice a year, all expenses paid.
More things you should know
- Parallax is a remote-first company for a more flexible work style. The founders are both in New York, but have over a decade of experience working on distributed teams. We won't say "remote" and then expect you to be chained to Slack + Zoom 8 hours a day.
- That said, we also believe in the value of in-person interaction. We expect to have work spaces in certain cities & team-wide get-togethers at least twice a year, fully paid for by the company. At this time, we strongly prefer folks within +/- 3h of EST timezones.
- We are a real company and this is a bona fide full time position. This means the usual collection of health benefits, flexible PTO, discretionary work budget, and more will be offered.
We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If the above sounds exciting but you don't meet 100% of the requirements, please please (please) reach out anyway.
Interested? Email Parallax at [email protected] with your LinkedIn and design portfolio.