We’re building a public short text platform that puts responsible design first. At T2 (our placeholder name), we believe in the basics: offering simple tools and creating space for truly human conversation. We’re working to build an elegant, sustainable, and hospitable place that recaptures what we all used to love about the internet.
We’re hiring our first product designer: someone who is versatile and passionate about building a responsible social media platform. As part of a small team, you will collaborate with the co-founders and help drive what T2 looks and feels like. You should be proficient at converting requirements into practical product features.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will turn your insight into beautiful and functional product features in an environment where leadership skills are essential and creative, out-of-the-box thinking is a must. The product designer will report to the CEO.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing, and leadership teams to create beautiful experiences and product features
- Identify opportunities for initial company investments in product design and development
- Present product design ideas and take direction whenever necessary
- Conduct research and set design requirements based on findings
Desired Skills and Qualifications
We want to know that you’ve worked on all phases of the design process, including research, writing, wireframing, prototyping, design, interaction and usability testing. Specifically we’re looking for:
- 5+ years professional experience working on a product design team focused on social media or user-generated content products
- Experience thinking about product from broad concepts (e.g., impact on society) to detailed design details
- Strong preference for experience with information integrity issues such as impact of social media on society, misinformation, and trust and safety
- Sharp attention to detail
- Experience identifying user needs
- Collaboration with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Ability to conduct, interpret, and present qualitative and quantitative feedback and research
- Effectively communicate design concepts and roadmaps
- Problem solving and delegation skills